Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone Bought/Used "Best Sharpening Stones" Arkansas Recently?

Welp, they came this afternoon! I have to say, I was impressed with how quickly Natural Whetstone shipped. Ordered Friday, arrived Monday. I couldn't ask for better. I'm a little surprised (not unpleasantly, mind you) at how darn similar they look. Thank goodness they were labeled! The soft is in the background, hard in the foreground... I think. I can tell the difference between the two with touch; but I admit, just barely. I can't wait to get into the shop and try 'em out. I'll check them again with a more reliable straight edge again but a cursory check for flat looks pretty darned good. Very little light, though I can't be sure that's not the straightedge I'm using.

20170306_204247.jpg

Also, since Jim specifically asked:
    20170306_204240.jpg

I mean, once I'm able to use them, I'll try & share some more pics. I'm currently falling down the rabbit hole of "Oil? What kind?" and "Oil? Water? Soapy Water? Dry?" I'm trying not to take it that seriously. I think my money's still on simple Mineral Oil, but... Til then!

-jake
    Please Pick One of the Following:

Built Correctly & Within Budget / Within Budget & Done Quickly / Done Quickly & Built Correctly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Rothermel View Post
    Also, since Jim specifically asked:
    20170306_204240.jpg

I mean, once I'm able to use them, I'll try & share some more pics. I'm currently falling down the rabbit hole of "Oil? What kind?" and "Oil? Water? Soapy Water? Dry?" I'm trying not to take it that seriously. I think my money's still on simple Mineral Oil, but... Til then!

-jake
    Thanks, that is good the cat approves.

Mineral Oil works fine for me. It is also inexpensive and available in most supermarkets or drug stores.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)