I have recently cut down an apricot tree and wish to know more about the wood and its uses. I have found almost nothing on the internet about possible uses. The trunk is too short for any lengthy lumber beyond about 2' of the approximately 12" diameter trunk. There are large ridges that will not allow a 12" circle though. The wood is heavy, dense and hard when dry. The grain and dark pink color is fantastic when fresh cut but drys rapidly in a few minutes to a a few hours depending on exposure to light and sun to a much less striking appearance.

Because the large limbs have a great amount of reaction wood, I don't expect to get any thing but small cuts out of them. I cut pieces of 1 1/2" thick by3" to 4" width and 20" length which are stickered to dry. The quartersawn bits are particularly beautiful and hopefully some nice boxes or similar can be had from them. Flat and end grain cutting boards are certain but a waste if there is not too much distortion in drying. Knife handles are certainly possible. I would like to try a couple bowls and plates but may not be able to handle the mass on my old Shopsmith lathe.