Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Shooting Board Questions

Only took two or three fir trees to finally produce a pair of mostly matching ramps.
    Finding a clever way to clamp them while still being able to plane them was a puzzle. But, that's now behind me.
    There's been progress. Was glad for the sunny day to make thing warmer during the project. The cold makes me hurry, that makes more mistakes.

To make one then rip in two would take precision sawing skills far beyond mine!

Time to go for a bike ride.
    Thanks everyone.

-Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Daniels View Post
    ...To make one then rip in two would take precision sawing skills far beyond mine! ...
    Come on! Who cares what the hidden surfaces look like?
    "Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."

As per usual I thought I understood your suggestion only to later learn I missed the point. I figured you were typing quick like and meant to say that I should make a rectangle then cut it diagonally for the pair of ramps.
    Now I get it, I should actually make a perfect ramp triangle, the split it down the middle!
    Next time I suppose.

And if you saw any of my work so far- you'd wonder if I even care about what the exposed surfaces look like!

(But the shelf I built for the home refrigerator is still going strong despite it's looks)