Thread: How to Manage Squeeze Out After Finishing

How to Manage Squeeze Out After Finishing

Hi All,

I'm working on a Mission style frame (yes, still, for those of you that helped with my joinery issue :-), and I need to do final assembly after staining. The frame holds a stained glass panel that will be hung in front of a window, so both sides will be visible. The way I built the frame has 2 rails and a stile already assembled, with the final stile to be added after stain/poly then the panel is slid in. I will tape off the areas that will receive glue before staining/poly.

My question is, after staining and poly, how do I manage any glue squeeze out after attaching the final stile?

As always, thanks for the collective knowledge and willingness to help!

- Paul

PS - Happy Friday!

Mask off the area around the joint. The squeeze out will be on the masking tape.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Blog Entries
    After you pull the tape you can use a dry acid brush to brush out any nooks and crannies. I cut the bristles to about half length to make them stiff.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Thanks George. When I did that on the other assembly it worked for the most part, but I still had a little squeeze out on the wood itself, which I was able to easily clean with a chisel. I'm concerned that will happen here as well and I'll have no way to really clean it up. Will glue easily come off of something that is stained and polyed, assuming some does get on there?