Thread: alignment diode replacement

alignment diode replacement

Hi,
    I have a checkmate laser, from pics it looks quite like a Rabbit laser.
    I'm interested in replacing the alignment diodes. The wires are rather thin that supply their power and with the back and forth action the wires get worn and fray.

I'm interested in replacing this with a battery powered diode, preferably something small and light, perhaps powered by a watch battery.

Anyone have any thoughts or experiences?

thanks,
    David

are you talking about the red dot pointer.are the wires worn now or do you just think they will get that way.Your better off just replacing what you have their cheap. The wire to the red dot don't wear that much their pretty tough. the back and forth really doesn't effect mine at all
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Mine wore out, the wire broke through the housing and I got a shock as I was lubing the rails. In addition, one of the diodes had dimmed. Not sure if that ws a short due to frayed wires or a diode issue. FYI, my laser is 1.5 yrs old.

Those red diodes only have a forward voltage of 5 volts, if you are getting a shock there is something else going on
    You did what !

I remember as a kid putting my tongue on a 9 volt battery, it tingles a bit. Pretty much the same thing as I felt. There was one 4" strand of wire coming out of the housing. Replaced the wire and no more shocks. Still looking for a battery powered alternative.

a battery one you will have to turn on and off eevry time you start the laser you may find its more trouble then its worth.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander