Thread: looking for simple ideas

looking for simple ideas

looking for your best ideas for simple, one-piece 'projects', though that may be too generous a term. Looking for items to fashion to give away at an upcoming 'open-shop'. currently thinking along the lines of honey-dippers and a thumb page-holder (https://www.etsy.com/listing/2199689...holder-express). Stuff that I can make multiples of quickly out of scrap.

What are your best ideas?

Thanks!

Joe

Oven rack hooks. They are basically a push stick in reverse. They have push stick feature on the end, and a hook cut into body to pull hot oven racks out.

*Exactly* the kind of ideas I'm looking for! Thanks! (Maybe I could trademark the name HotRack! and make a killing! :-) )

Waffle pattern trivets/coasters are pretty easy to make with a router or table saw, and you can use pretty much any size scraps.
    5c6ea20fc5a67c1c12249ac7213dcd47.jpg
    ~Garth

coasters.jpgCoasters made using a scroll saw. Can be stack cut to mass produce.
    No PHD, but I have a DD 214

How about oven rack pullers or simple wooden tongs (although they not one piece)?
    Looks like I'm a little slow on the keyboard.

Good idea, Jim, but no scroll saw. Thanks!

On a side note, it's a cool optical illusion how different those look based on the grain pattern running through them. Or is that just me?

I find that , to me, these coasters look better with the grain running at an angle like in those I posted.

Today I have been making 7" tall , wall hung crosses. Just an idea.

All good projects ,but for open house give a ways I would go simpler and cheaper. Small pieces of scrap wood power sanded into key ring fobs ....with a traditional steel coil ring.

door stops - simple wedges.

Bottle holders that hold a bottle of wine on an angle.

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-a-Floating-Wine-Bottle-Holder/
    As Cort would say: Fools are the only folk on the earth who can absolutely count on getting what they deserve.