Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New shop suggestions on a budget

Don't tell the women folk, but shop sinks count as multi functional apparatus.

facilities on a budget

Quote Originally Posted by James W Glenn View Post
    Don't tell the women folk, but shop sinks count as multi functional apparatus.
    My shop is near the barn on 27 acres. This facility is both handy, just outside the door, and inexpensive for those of us on a budget.

JKJ

All good information ! Just to touch on a few questions. Wife's car wall will hold all home owner tools and storage of misc house items, it's how I do it now. Probably will go the mudroom/laundry off the garage with a shower and toilet.... my wife is awesome and understanding of my hobby, lovers planning this kind of stuff. Duct work was something I didn't plan and appreciate the inputs!! Right now I just roll my harbor freight trash can separator DC around. Security was something I had mulled over, and will need to plan! Windows are something of a want to, as I would love my bench under one for lighting and just. Cause I like the outdoors! How much I want to stair at neighbors is another story.... I plan to have a modest setup I have most things I need/want now. Skylight is to frivolous for me, would be nice but not my style. AC unit is a must, so is insulation! Does anyone do drop cords from ceiling? That's my original thoughts as I can make short extension cords for tools. A lot to think about and I knew I would get a lot of good thoughts and suggestions from you all. I appreciate the wisdom and information, I'm open to others as well.
    Thanks!
    Mark

For anything that you want, but can't afford right now, make provisions and space for adding it later. I agree with the mud room, between the house and shop, but off the side of a hallway that leads to the back door. That way, the kids and wife won't be passing through the shop to get there or to the outside, but you can go to the mud room from the shop without going into the living part of the house. Bicycles and yard tools can later migrate to a storage shed in the back yard.

Charley
    Last edited by Charles Lent; 01-25-2017 at 9:41 PM.