Thread: A 'new' respirator for woodturners?

A 'new' respirator for woodturners?

Well, I'm not so sure how new they are, but I have only recently learned of them. In Tim Yoder's most recent video he mentions the RZ Mask. It looked interesting so I found their website and checked them out. Filtering ability is down to .1 micron @ 99.9% efficacy and they claim it works well with beards.

I'm curious - anyone using one of these?
    Regards,

Glen

Woodworking: It's a joinery.

I bought one about six months ago. I have a beard and wear glasses. Didn't think it fit well around my beard and interfered with my glasses , the nose piece came up too high and pushed my glasses up and I lost focus. Gave it away.

I also have one and more importantly I use it. The fit is comfortable for me. It does an excellent job of filtering the air I breathe in my dusty shop. I do recommend the RZ mask. Pkennedy

I have been using one for about a month, It does a good job and is not unconfortable. But as another poster said it does interfer with my glasses but I use it because the dust is a real issue for me. I guess everything is a compromise.

I have not used these but will order one at some point. They look good and I like the filtration they provide.

Red
    RED

I have one and I use it. It works well and does not bother my glasses to much. I do a lot of power carving of spoons. With the Rz mask and a face shield, I am pretty much covered.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Rutherford View Post
    I bought one about six months ago. I have a beard and wear glasses. Didn't think it fit well around my beard and interfered with my glasses , the nose piece came up too high and pushed my glasses up and I lost focus. Gave it away.
    Looking at how they fit beards would be my concern, most masks that fit that way don't work well with beards
    Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that is more by accident then design.

Claim that a face contact mask works with beards is suspect. That doesn't sit well with current workplace regulations that I am aware of. They come in funky colours and styles though so they must be good... Cheers