Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cutting Board Feet?

Cutting Board Feet?

If you're one of those people who put feet on your cutting board what do you use? I'm definitely buying in bulk and cranking these out right now.
    What about this?
    "http://www.ebay.com/itm/72-Rubber-Bumper-SMALL-1-2-034-DIA-Cutting-Board-Feet-Screws-Utility-Grade-/221733828023"]Or this?
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 02-22-2017 at 9:37 AM. Reason: removed direct link

I used the ones in your first link from Amazon. I haven't had any complaints yet.

Tried something similar to those but the board slid all over the place due to the low surface area in contact with the worktop - ending up using some self adhesive discs similar to cupboard/drawer bumpers. I would make sure you use stainless fasteners. Your ebay vendor even recommends the improved version with stainless screws

It just shows how woodworkers think, I guess, I looked at the threat title and said "cutting board-feet?"

These are the nicest I've found. They work very well and are low profile.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-...9644/203661092

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Henderson View Post
    It just shows how woodworkers think, I guess, I looked at the threat title and said "cutting board-feet?"

That is exactly what I thought.
    Bracken's Pond Woodworks[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hahr View Post
    These are the nicest I've found. They work very well and are low profile.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-...9644/203661092

Dan
    Those are the same I use as well. The smaller size you had in your link I felt were too tall and not enough surface contact.

Blog Entries
    I use cabinet door bumpers like these.
    bumper.jpg
    They are available from Rocklers

You can also use the door bumpers that they used on steel frame doors. Replacements can be purchased in quantity from Door Wholesale houses.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    bumper.jpg

You can also use the door bumpers that they used on steel frame doors. Replacements can be purchased in quantity from Door Wholesale houses.
    Ordered 100 for $10 plus shipping from Amazon. Thanks man.

Is there a reason you guys all choose ugly feet? How about a wood knob glued into a hole?

knob.jpg
    Enlarge that hole and glue a dowel into it and corresponding hole in the bottom of the cutting board. Pretty easy to get the measuring exact since it is straight from the corner. A small pad of rubber can be glued discreetly to the bottom of the knob. A lot of knobs can be used, if they aren't flat they can be sanded flat once they are on the board by rubbing the board back and forth over sandpaper glued to a flat surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    bumper.jpg

Lee, I see they are silicone - is the material soft and non-slip on a typical kitchen worktop?

A wood knob will crack/split with moisture.
    I have used corks from wine bottles. Sand on all sides to make attractive and glue to the board. Typically 1/2" height.
    My wife saves corks so I have had about 3 gallons off them to pick through ones to get ones that match. So far I have not knocked them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Johnston View Post
    A wood knob will crack/split with moisture.
    I have used corks from wine bottles. Sand on all sides to make attractive and glue to the board. Typically 1/2" height.
    My wife saves corks so I have had about 3 gallons off them to pick through ones to get ones that match. So far I have not knocked them off.
    Pretty clever!

And you can convince yourself you are doing something for the environment!!

Don't want to hijack this thread.......- I've debated feet over routered finger groove on the ends. That allows use on both sides. Somewhat personal preference. Opinions?