Thread: Grizzly G0514x2B used, missing fence, idea on value?

Grizzly G0514x2B used, missing fence, idea on value?

What's a good price for a used Grizzly G0514x2B with a missing fence? Supposedly used for only a year and with insulations and not cutting wood. It is missing the fence and I looked it up, Grizzly sells it for $167+ shipping. Not sure if aftermarket fences are better or not.

I think it's a little high at $1300 honestly. Seller trying to say new it was $2500 but Grizzly shows $1700+ shipping.

Is it a good Bandsaw? 3hp with 12" resaw sound really nice! The other saws with more than 12" resaw sell new for $2,000+

I'd have to add a mobile base and fence. That's $300 right there give or take.

A few thoughts, but I'll start off by saying that I don't own this bandsaw, so I can't say if it's good or not. You're right, $1300 is high (I left out the word little on purpose.) I, personally, don't go more than 50% of new on a used tool, especially on one that's made in Asia and has missing parts. Condition can knock it down from there. Sellers often try to recoup ALL of their costs including shipping, tax, and the money they spent on gas and the baby sitter to look after Grandma while they went to look at one in a woodworking store. They're just dreaming. They will sit on the market a long time if they hope to get all of their money back. That said... there's plenty of idiots out there that will spend more for a tool at an auction than they would buying a brand new one in a store. Some sellers just price high looking for that ill-informed sucker to come along.

You'd have to add a mobile base to a new saw anyway, so that's a non-factor in what you'll pay for a used saw. You can't expect a discount for something it didn't come with. It can, however, add value for the seller if it's included as an extra.

Regarding the fence, is it just the fence itself that's missing or the whole rail and fence system? You'll have to take that into account. Since it's missing something that normally comes with the saw, the sale price should definitely be in the buyer's favor, since that stuff will be needed for a fully functional saw.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Keith Weber; 01-22-2017 at 6:36 PM.

Significantly overpriced. The fence costs around $200 shipped (assuming the rail is on the saw) so that brings the NEW value of the saw w/o fence to $1600 and this one is out of warranty. Without the fence and warranty I say $700-750 since with a fence you are in it for $900-950 and Grizzly isn't the king of resell anyway.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I have one and it's been trouble free for the last two years. I'm no expert, but I've been resawing white oak and the saw accomplishes the task easily. Even with the fence, I think the asking price is too high.

Thanks guys, I thought he was high on price. I looked and the rails werent there either. He responded about 2 weeks "what fence?" saying that's how the saw came. I just offered him $750.

I drank a 9.5% beer on an empty stomach and almost bought a $1400 rikon 10-353 hahah! Doing some research, seemed like a good deal. The buzz wore off and I didnt buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Irish View Post
    Thanks guys, I thought he was high on price. I looked and the rails werent there either. He responded about 2 weeks "what fence?" saying that's how the saw came. I just offered him $750.

I drank a 9.5% beer on an empty stomach and almost bought a $1400 rikon 10-353 hahah! Doing some research, seemed like a good deal. The buzz wore off and I didnt buy it.
    There's probably a lesson in there somewhere. :-)