Thread: Best turning accessory I've found in a long time (spray hoods)

Best turning accessory I've found in a long time (spray hoods)

(Just the hood, not the whole getup). Keeps shavings out of your ears, hair, and shirt collar. The material is durable and the elastic around the face stretches a little permanently after being worn a few times, making it very comfortable.

You can get a pack of 50 at Amazon for less than $20, a lifetime supply probably. (And, no, I'm not selling them or a shareholder in 3m or whatever, I just like them). The only downside is that you'll probably end up looking like a homely nun while wearing it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AFEDNR8

So I gotta ask....do you have any pics / video of you wearing while turning?

I'm afraid not.

I prefer this one. The gloves protect my hands from particularly sharp, dry, brittle woods like hickory.

The high crown on this hood also does a good job of blocking O.H.T.S. (Over Head Turning Shrapnel) from being sprayed far from the lathe.

Last, the zipperless, buttonless, seamless suit protects the wearer, while providing no dangling pulls, or zippers to catch on things. The only downside is that it's hard to crawl into the suit through the face hole.

All kidding aside, I could use something like Bob's hood when spray finishing too...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Prashun Patel; 01-23-2017 at 2:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prashun Patel View Post
    I prefer this one. The gloves protect my hands from particularly sharp, dry, brittle woods like hickory. The high crown on this hood also does a good job of blocking O.H.T.S. (Over Head Turning Shrapnel) from being sprayed far from the lathe. Last, the zipperless, buttonless, seamless suit protects the wearer, while providing no dangling pulls, or zippers to catch on things. The only downside is that it's hard to crawl into the suit through the face hole. All kidding aside, I could use something like Bob's hood when spray finishing too...
    Lol!! Do you get in one leg at a time?
    ---Trudging the Road of Happy Destiny---

This is what I wear for turning , practical, body hugging ,sense of style with a certain panache

and provides full face protection

Also in having a tail my wife can tell when I am most happy

Keeps me warm and prevents all sawdust entering my ears Further the wife has a lion she can cuddle next up too

Sorry only teasing

Anything that increases both safety and comfort should always be considered
    Last edited by Brian Deakin; 01-26-2017 at 1:27 PM.