Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fun with my Aussie

A theory about naming the Australian Shepherd. Way back whenever, some bloke had a dog and was asked what breed it was. He didn't know, figured the other guy wouldn't know either and proudly said it was this really rare breed called the Australian Shepherd! That's how it would go down here anyway! Cheers

I have always had "dumb" dogs, Rhodesian Ridgebacks and Basset Hounds of course if you are hunting lions, boar or rabbits I got that covered. I have always shied away from smart dogs since I was truly concerned that they might indeed be smarter than me. <seriously I have a Basset named Mudflap that gets the better of me much of the time, a Aussie or Broder Collie would hack my bank account and live it up at Petsmart.

The thoughts of smart dogs reminded me of Chaser, the "world's smartest dog", who's owner was a Psych prof of mine in college, Dr. Pilley.

http://www.chaserthebordercollie.com/

BTW those are some great pictures, one of my neighbors has a Vizsla and I see him taking pictures of the dog leaping off the end of the dock chasing a toy his son throws.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

That is a cool story about Chaser, Van. Thanks for sharing. BCs have always been classically known as the geniuses of the dog world.

I know Aussies are up there, too, but I've often thought mine is the dumbest, smartest dog. LOL!

I think if I spent 5 hours a day with my dog, I could probably teach him the Queen's English right proper!

And Wayne, that is as good a theory as I've read! Hahaha!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.