Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grizzly price increase

Blog Entries

Grizzly price increase

Was just wondering if anyone has recieved 10% off coupon from Grizzly since they raised the price on their g0766 and shipping by $59.
    It happened fast. One day I saw a sale price that was identical to the former regular price, then a day or so later the sale ended and a new price $50 higher showed up on their website, and shipping went up $9.
    I had been waiting for months for a coupon only to see the price go up $59.

2. Sales come & go with products/goods all across the spectrum of what consumers buy. I get a bit frustrated with all the email pushes I get from vendors across the spectrum that do their best to steer [think manipulate ] us into purchasing certain items at the time of their choosing....thus a sale!

Would it not be great if they kept the sale price in effect at all times?

In Grizzly's defense, they had the G0766 for the $1575 all of 2016 and $1550 for all of 2015. Seems pretty fair to me!
    Last edited by Roger Chandler; 01-10-2017 at 4:53 PM. Reason: typo
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Blog Entries
    Grizzly is really good about letting folks know a price increase is coming if you get their emails. The emails get more frequent as time runs out. I always thought that was pretty cool of them. Generally happens with the new year.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Probably would have been more were the US dollar not as strong as it now is.

5. Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    Probably would have been more were the US dollar not as strong as it now is.
    Excellent point, John.....the strong dollar has made imported machines a much greater value for American woodworkers.

I figured it would increase, I am surprised it has been so little. With firearms, the manufacturers raise it each year, regardless of what is going on.

If you get their catalog in the mail, check the back cover. Mine came with a 5% off your entire order coupon. I need mine otherwise I'd let you have it.

Red
    RED

I just used my 5% coupon from the back of the catalog and my G0766 will be delivered tomorrow!!! Total with shipping I paid $1702. Not bad for a machine like this. I was looking at the Jets and Lagunas but with the reviews, features and price on this lathe couldn't resist!
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night
    -Poe

Blog Entries
    Thanks. Hadn't considered looking for a coupon there. Just got it 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Blog Entries
    I can find no such coupon in my catalog. Seems I'm doomed to pay full price.
    Also I just noticed there's a $35 charge to lift it to the ground. Since I don't have a dock or fork truck I'll have to pay for that.
    Going to have to contact them about dropping it just inside my garage.

Buy a couple of the cheap furniture dollies from Harbor Freight, slide the crate from the lift gate on to the dollies and roll it wherever you want. Except gravel - they won't do well with that.

Blog Entries

Unhappy

OK. Just called Grizzly. They will not drop a lathe anywhere but the street. I had inquired about backing their truck up to my garage hoping they could get it close enough it could be slid inside my garage.
    Going to have to do some research. I simply don't have enough friends to muscle something that heavy from the street to my garage.

13. Rent a 2 wheel appliance dolly, strap it in, and one friend & yourself should be able to handle it. Another option is if you have access to a pickup truck, then have the freight driver slide it onto the pickup bed and then back up to your garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Jobe View Post
    OK. Just called Grizzly. They will not drop a lathe anywhere but the street. I had inquired about backing their truck up to my garage hoping they could get it close enough it could be slid inside my garage.
    Going to have to do some research. I simply don't have enough friends to muscle something that heavy from the street to my garage.

The advertising of liftgate service is always "drop at the street".

The reality is in 50+ common carrier liftgate deliveries to my residential addresses over the years not one driver was not willing to pull them into the garage/shop for me. The only exceptions were some taller bandsaws that needed to be tilted to go through the garage doors but they always pulled it right up to the garage and in each case I was prepared for the rest of the move. I have heard of them refusing but it is RARE. Now this assumes you have a reasonably flat drive, that isn't extremely long and is asphalt or concrete and in decent repair. The longest I have had them pull it is about 75-80 feet. They already have to have it on a pallet jack to get it on and off the liftgate. Worst comes to worst and they refuse (and you have a pallet jack friendly drive) they drop it off and you run to the rental place and rent a pallet jack.

Let us know what type and length of drive (including incline) and we can help with what to do in the worst case scenario but I doubt it will happen. BTW I usually tip the driver.

Edit: if you have a truck/trailer or rent a small Uhaul you can skip the liftgate and pick it up at the terminal, they will load it with a forklift and you just have to work out getting it off when you get home which you could do in pieces with the lathe as I think they usually ship unassembled.
    Last edited by Van Huskey; 01-20-2017 at 8:00 PM.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

If you drive is not steep, the furniture dollies are the key. http://m.harborfreight.com/material-...lly-38970.html

I have moved every machine I have with them, plus all kinds of other uses. Good to have around and you can sometimes get them for $10-12 each.