Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SawmillCreek Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Browning
    That picture was taken a few years ago when I was working on a big project in Munich Germany. We had just loaded over 3 million rows of data into our then new Engineering database. All of the programs had worked well and the data was all there and RIGHT to boot!. We were proud of ourselves

And I was proud of myself for getting the text edit icons working in Firefox, so I thought the picture was appropriate.
    Whew! I guess that would count as a "Big Day"! Geeee, the text edit icons seem quite trivial, compared to that! Glad you got everything working!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

OK, here's my test using Firefox 1.0.7, after clearing my browser cache. (Like others have mentioned, I've been unable to get most of the buttons to work since the upgrade.)

And the obligatory picture:

(Well, it's not showing up inline, but it's showing up.)

That's a pass!

Thanks for the tips, folks.

- Vaughn
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan
    OK, here's my test using Firefox 1.0.7, after clearing my browser cache. (Like others have mentioned, I've been unable to get most of the buttons to work since the upgrade.)

That's a pass!

- Vaughn
    WOW!!! If that ad isn't a blast from the past!!! Just think if gas prices went the same route; We'd be filling up on jet fuel for about 27 cents a gallon!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Koehl
    They do.. Unless the picture that was uploaded is already under 200 pixels...
    It seems like they are not "as full size" as they once were.........

Me check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Loy Hawes
    Jim,if your mouse has a middle button,try middle clicking the thumbnail. It should open in a new tab.
    No middle button and I have tabs turned off. I prefer separate windows.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    WOW!!! If that ad isn't a blast from the past!!!
    I used to sell those...I worked for Tandy for 7 years and ran a Plus Computer Center store before becoming general manager of the combined operations in that mall store.
    --

My third computer was a Tandy 2000. I know I am young, but ahead of the time nonetheless .

Before the Tandy 2000 was the Tomy Tutor (Radio Shack). My first program was written on a TRS-80 when I was 6. My brother tought me how to write a FOR..NEXT loop and display numbers from 1 to 10000. Wow how times have changed

That's a pass!

- Vaughn
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

My brother tought me how to write a FOR..NEXT loop and display numbers from 1 to 10000. Wow how times have changed
    LOL! That's so funny. I used to walk into stores and jump into Integer Basic on the machines and do the same thing, except let it run to infinity! It was fun to watch how long it would be before a clerk would come by and ax the command.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

I just printed out a copy of that ad and handed to my lead tech and told him to fill out a requisition. I told him, "I think I'm ready for a more powerful system...order this please."

....He hung it up in his office. Thanks Vaughn!!!
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

My third computer was a Tandy 2000. I know I am young, but ahead of the time nonetheless .

Before the Tandy 2000 was the Tomy Tutor (Radio Shack). My first program was written on a TRS-80 when I was 6. My brother tought me how to write a FOR..NEXT loop and display numbers from 1 to 10000. Wow how times have changed
    My first computer was a hand-me-down TRS-80. (My FIL at the time got an IBM so he gave me his old box.) I could never get the cassette tape storage to work (or the optional external floppy drive), so any program I wrote was lost if I powered down the computer. This, of course, ticked me off, so I wrote an endless FOR..NEXT loop that displayed a count from 1 to a million, then back to 1. I looked at it as torture for the dumb computer. Like it really cared.

- Vaughn

My first computer was a hand-me-down TRS-80. (My FIL at the time got an IBM so he gave me his old box.) I could never get the cassette tape storage to work (or the optional external floppy drive), so any program I wrote was lost if I powered down the computer. This, of course, ticked me off, so I wrote an endless FOR..NEXT loop that displayed a count from 1 to a million, then back to 1. I looked at it as torture for the dumb computer. Like it really cared.
    Well, it wasn't nicknamed the "Trash-80" for nothing.

Didn't see this mentioned in the earlier posts and don't know if it has anything to do with the SMC upgrade or not - but all of a sudden my SMC shortcut has it's own personalized icon in the Explorer Favorites pane that none of my other bookmarks have. I could swear it wasn't there yesterday - just the normal 'e' on a dog-eared page icon.
    Use the fence Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Shepard
    Didn't see this mentioned in the earlier posts and don't know if it has anything to do with the SMC upgrade or not - but all of a sudden my SMC shortcut has it's own personalized icon in the Explorer Favorites pane that none of my other bookmarks have. I could swear it wasn't there yesterday - just the normal 'e' on a dog-eared page icon.
    That's called a favicon. My guess is that Aaron has been noodling around.
    Only the Blue Roads

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Hoyt
    That's called a favicon. My guess is that Aaron has been noodling around.
    I didn't get one in my Favorites List!!! Where's MY Favicon??!!! I want my Favicon!!!!
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud
    Well, it wasn't nicknamed the "Trash-80" for nothing.
    Yes, the nickname stuck, but you know...a lot of people learned how to use computers from those things. And I sold them by the "many dozens" to the local school districts, too...and I have the plaques and trophies to prove it!
    -----

The first "personal computer" I worked on was the Commodore PET...the original one with the "chicklett" keyboard and integral screen and cassette deck for storage. They didn't even have CRTs for student use at Penn State when I took my manditory programming course...it was PL/1 on punch cards! With half-hour waits to find out how bad you screwed up...
    --