Thread: just when I think all's right with the internet shopping world--

just when I think all's right with the internet shopping world--

--suddenly I'm getting a rash of wrong items shipped.

I ordered a case of "DIET" Swiss Miss hot chocolate. I ordered it because our local stores quit selling it. What I got was "No Sugar Added". Swiss Miss. Might sound the same, but big difference if you're counting carbs...

I ordered a single "Breaking Bad" DVD to replace one we lost- we got sent some movie? Got a refund and got to keep the movie. Still haven't watched it...

Then last week from Amazon I ordered 2 TurboTax discs, one 'Business' version and one 'Home and Business' version. Just opened what should have been H&B and instead it's a "Deluxe" version, which is totally useless to me. Haven't seen "Business" yet, maybe it'll be right.

I've ordered online for years and never got wrong items, then these 3 within weeks of each other. ?
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Even the best companies sometimes make mistakes. So long as they rectify it, it isn't a big deal. Even brick and mortar companies screw up.

Kev,

The sky is falling.....some times things happen in spurts. My mother always said, "deaths come in threes." She believed it until her dying day.

Ironically, I have had the same experience recently, albeit just one item. I had ordered a Freud 6 1/2 Diablo 40 tooth blade and received a 24 tooth blade. Return could not have been easier, however, and received the correct blade within two days (Amazon Prime). Never had received anything wrong from them before ever.

Amazon shipped me two 20-A GFCI receptacles when I only ordered one. They came in two separate boxes. I checked online and sure enough, ordered one, charged for one.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    --suddenly I'm getting a rash of wrong items shipped.

I ordered a case of "DIET" Swiss Miss hot chocolate. I ordered it because our local stores quit selling it. What I got was "No Sugar Added". Swiss Miss. Might sound the same, but big difference if you're counting carbs...
    My wife is a big label reader. We were looking at Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate mix yesterday in the store and noted the "No sugar added" , even though they use an artificial sweetener, it has more Carbs sugar @ 9 grams than their regular mix which has 7 grams for the same size serving.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Chris,

This happened last month with a few items I ordered (all arrived in one box). I called and disclosed the error. They sent a return label and extended my Amazon Prime for a month for free.

Rich
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    Amazon shipped me two 20-A GFCI receptacles when I only ordered one. They came in two separate boxes. I checked online and sure enough, ordered one, charged for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    Chris,

This happened last month with a few items I ordered (all arrived in one box). I called and disclosed the error. They sent a return label and extended my Amazon Prime for a month for free.

Rich
    I thought about contacting them but then imagined that returning the item might be more hassle than it was worth ($14.10).
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    Chris,

Rich
    That's the nice thing about Prime, if they ever do have a problem, if they ever miss the promised shipping window, you get another month for free.

Amazon Prime works for me. Sure it costs a bit more, but I don't have to drive to three different stores to find what I want and it shows up at the door in two days. In three years there has only been one problem. I ordered some carbide rods to use as burnishers. Somehow the package got damaged and only three of five ordered showed up. They offered to send a new package, but I really only needed a couple so suggested we calculate the per rod cost and refund the value of the missing rods. The customer service person took the time to humor me and made the refund happen. Very nice.
    Another Diet Swiss Miss fan here. I doctor mine up by adding Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa powder topped off with fresh honey flavored whipped cream made using an iSi Gourmet Whip.