Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sliding Table saw dado question

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Fisher View Post
    Nobody seems to make one in 30mm .. Not a big deal to have one bored out .. have to do the holes anyway ..
    FS Tools supplies them in 30mm bore, with pin holes to suit your machine. I have a 6 inch one from them for my Hammer B3...Rod.

Systematic are gone. Sometimes the large sets come up on CL or ebay. I bought a 12" that was NOS and added some chippers to get to 1 1/2". Had to rebore anyway. When you buy used or rebore you need to resharpen either way so just compensate for that cost. Dave

I had no idea so many people made bigger sets.. My blade of choice seems to be Tenryu .. They don't make anything past 8" .. so I right away thought .. crap probably uncommon.. I was wrong where the industrial suppliers are concerned. I have an 8" FS tool and agree its a tremendous blade, but I need 10" minimum..

Rick, it would be really nice to be able to source a 10" "set" that also doesn't exceed the width capacity that you can actually run, too...with a commensurate easing of the cost. That's probably a different measurement on different saws. My MM slider actually as a 5/8" bore (I still use the same blades I had for my cabinet saw that preceded the slider), but I have not experimented with a dado on it to-date.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Fisher View Post
    I had no idea so many people made bigger sets.. My blade of choice seems to be Tenryu .. They don't make anything past 8" .. so I right away thought .. crap probably uncommon.. I was wrong where the industrial suppliers are concerned. I have an 8" FS tool and agree its a tremendous blade, but I need 10" minimum..
    I run a Dimar 10" set on my cabinet saw. It is decent. Readily available. I bought mine from BC Saw. They'd easily bore it out if needed.
    Andrew J. Coholic

Hey do you still use a dado set with your mini max? I’m thinking of buying a 315 ws used. Not sure if it allows for dado sets. Do you know? It’s from 2004 I think. And it has a 5/8” arbor. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by David Bryan West View Post
    Hey do you still use a dado set with your mini max? I’m thinking of buying a 315 ws used. Not sure if it allows for dado sets. Do you know? It’s from 2004 I think. And it has a 5/8” arbor. Strange.
    The S315WS can use a standard 8" dado stack. You will need either the OEM dado insert (aluminum and $$$$$( or a shop made equivalent. For the latter a strong phenolic material is a good choice because the insert has to span a long way with no support under the edge toward the wagon.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...