Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Would I really notice a difference with a "better" RO Sander?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dowell View Post
    So you all like the Ceros better than the Deros? The Deros did look a bit clunky to me.
    I think most that have had them both would prefer the Ceros but the Deros does have the advantage of not being slaved to a power supply. That said the Deros can only be considered clunky in comparison to te Ceros as it is still smaller and lighter than all the other electric ROS of the same size.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

The Mirka website says that the Ceros is 90-240VAC. Couldn't it be used in the US with a plug adapter on 115V?
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lightstone View Post
    The Mirka website says that the Ceros is 90-240VAC. Couldn't it be used in the US with a plug adapter on 115V?

Yep, I wasn't sure but a couple of people verified it will work fine on either this thread or the other current ROS thread.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    but the Deros does have the advantage of not being slaved to a power supply.

I must be just about the only person who doesn't care about that power supply. A cord is a cord to me. Either plug it into the wall, or plug it into a box plugged into the wall, doesn't matter to me.

I do wish the cord was thinner. I'd sacrifice durability for a bit more mobility and the loss of weight. With the poly air hoses and a dynabrade, it's hard to beat for mobility. But it takes a solid 5 hp of compressor to keep up with one, which is what interested me in the ceros in the first place.

You're not the only one. Never understood why people complained so much about it. I just put mine in a cart and now I don't even think about it. I guess if you are bringing it from site to site it might be a hassle. But who wants to bring a $600 sander into the field? That's where the $50 sander goes.

Martin,

You're not the only one who doesn't care about the Ceros power supply. My Ceros 150/5's light weight weight and handling outweigh any minor issue with the power supply.

That said, the sander head to power supply connector had a problem where the metal locking connector snapped off. It took me weeks to find a suitable replacement (a speaker connector). But that hassle was worth it to me.

I tried a Deros. It was a nice sander and lighter than the comparable Festool sander, but still doesn't match the Ceros.

Also, I have five Festool sanders. They are better than standard BORG sanders, but my go-to sander is my Ceros.

IMO, high quality sanders like the Festool and Mirka sanders are worth the money. If for no other reason... When you're trying to figure out if the problem you've encountered is caused by you or the sander, with a high quality sander it's probably not the sander. That makes it easier to find a solution.

Regards,

Dan.
    It's amazing what you can accomplish in the 11th hour, 59 minute of any project. Ya just have to keep your eye on the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Clark View Post
    When you're trying to figure out if the problem you've encountered is caused by you or the sander, with a high quality sander it's probably not the sander. That makes it easier to find a solution.
    I truly agree with this statement!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...