Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arm R Seal application tips?

Thanks Andy for the tip on using Blue shop towels. I have applied the final coat (Gloss) about 6 times only to be disappointed with the result. I've used foam brushes, old t-shirts, foam brushes wrapped in old t-shirts,and pad applicators. Then at midnight I reread your post about the Blue shop towels. Obsessed with getting the table top finished (base didn't present the problems that the flat top has) went into the workshop and applied what I hope is the final coat. It's not perfect, but pretty damn close. Just checked again at 4 am (don't sleep much) and is dry to touch and looks like I can stop. It's good enough to tack onto the base. A few nibs that I think rubbing the top with brown paper or newspaper should do the trick in making it absolutely smooth. A few minor dry streaks only i'll notice and once the table is put into use won't even matter. Thanks again and to others that have recommended the Blue shop towels. I think General Finishes should add this applicator to its instructions.

Blog Entries
    Looking at using Armor All on mesquite and birds eye maple. I read that it has a slightly yellowish or amber tint. Have you noticed this on any of your projects?
    Tim in Hill Country of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by tim walker View Post
    Looking at using Armor All on mesquite and birds eye maple. I read that it has a slightly yellowish or amber tint. Have you noticed this on any of your projects?
    I assume you meant Arm-R-Seal. Can't imagine what Armor All would do to wood...

Here's a post of mine showing ARS on white pine. Gives a good idea of the tint of ARS.

https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....ne#post3071218
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Blog Entries
    Correct on the ArmorAll, but we may be on to something. Thx for the post