Thread: Opinions on this bandsaw

Opinions on this bandsaw

Just saw this posted on c'list. I don't need it, but I love it.

Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 10.08.16 PM.jpg

The ad says it's a Craftsman. The poster thinks from 1938. He doesn't say what size it is. He's asking $100.

Anyone know anything about this machine?

I've got the same one that my grandfather passed down to me. Still runs like a champ.

While they made a 10" and 12" with spun aluminum wheels that appears to be the 12". The owner is correct in that it is from the late 30's. I think most if not all of these saws were built by Walker Turner. They tend to be solid little saws, obviously underpowered by today's standards but work for the size work people normally do with them. The weak point is the trunnions, make sure they aren't cracked.

Edit forgot the price. If it runs the price is fine, you often see them for less, sometimes much less but if it runs it is a neat little saw that you can easily get $100 work out of. It reminds me of one of the bandsaws on my hitlist the Beaver 3300 14" bandsaw, the frame is all aluminum, unfortunately it is a Canadian tool which rarely is found in the South.

9752-A.jpg
    Last edited by Van Huskey; 01-05-2017 at 2:21 AM.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

a little chrome, some white walls. Oh yeah.
    May all your turnings be smooth,

Brodie Brickey

If it runs well and the trunions are ok, I'd grab it for $100.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Hopefully I'll get to see it and I'll let you all know. But maybe Brodie called it, maybe it's for taking for a spin on a Sunday morning.