Thread: Shop Tour with the "PIX FIX"

Shop Tour with the "PIX FIX"

Hi all and thanks again for the warm welcome.

Sorry it took a few days but here are some pic's of my massive shop, all 16 X 12 feet of it. Yes there is some harbor freight machines but with a little work they perform very well. My shop is a mess and I need to do some cleaning. We did some some cleaning and some stuff got put in the shop and now it needs to leave. I also had a wood score with some cheery, more on that score later. I also have some sort of an artifact on a few of the shots that looks like bubbles. I do not know where they came from.

This shot was taken standing in my door looking longways across the shop toward my shop stove. In the background you see my chop saw and some kindling wood under it.

Turn a few degrees to the left and you can see my great sound system. Some lumber storage up above. Over the raido is mostly white oak and the one over the light is black walnut. Below the light you see my 1/2" spindle delta shaper. In front of that is my Jointer.

now I have walked to my saw and we are looking diaganly from the shaper. You see my air comperssor, some sanders on one of my stacks of stickeled wood, my planes, a few squares, etc.

here is my plane cabnit. Top shelf is my scraper plane, I know it's a KUNZ but the price was great and with some tweaking it does great. There are some nice Lee Neilson card scrapers in paper up there. Oil stone and oil, and a old valve stem to burnish, Hey folks this one works great. The next shelf is my Baily #5 and a Dunlop #5. Bottome shelf is my block plane (the 60-1/2 is on it's way from that popular auction site), baily #4 and some chisels.

Here is my table saw with it's work top on it. I use this to assemble projects and do general work.

OK it's not my shop but it is my first ever attempt at dovetailing. Just a few picts of that. I read the article on Frank Klause and the results are below.

Here you can see the "dovetail jig" that I made. It's made out of some scraps of 3/4 oak ply that I had left over from another project. I still need to plug the screw holes up. In it you see a 18" panel that I am getting ready to cut the pins on. It is for a pioneer chest that I am making for my brother for Christamss.

The building was originaly a chicken coupe and I put a better floor (pine boards) from a 100 year old houes that I tore down and saved some of the roof wood.

Well that's it for tonight.
    I posted a question on 10/5 or thereabouts about using miller dowls in the pioneer chest. If some of you have time please look at it and see if what I want to do is sound.

take care
    Bob Oehler

Bob,

Nice tour and shop....and really good dovetails!! Your skills and projects always a good show here at SMC!

Welcome!!!

16x12 isn't too bad...I had one once...cozy shop!!

It certainly looks like you are putting your 16x12 space to good use. Thanks for the tour.

Oh yes I almost forgot, a belated welcome to Saw Mill Creek from me, Bob.

nice and cozy.. been there and got the tee shirt. nice work with the DT's ..

what project are you currently working on?

lou

Nice looking shop ! Looks well used. I've said it before so I'll say it again....it's not the size of the shop that's important, it's the pleasue it brings you.

Nice, compact shop. The 'bubbles' you see are most likely dust on the camera lens.

Dust on lense

I thought that also. Grabbed the lense paper and it was still there. All the shots were taken with in a few minuts of each other with the exception of the dove tail pic's and the fixture.

It bet it has somthign to do with
    1. The dust in the air and the Natural/floresent lighting.
    2. Some sort of funky interferance patteren with the Natural/floresent lighting and the ccd in the camera.

I moved just a little bit in some of the pics and it went away on the retake some shots did not. (somtimes digital is great you know how it came out now ).

thaks for the reply and suggestion

Take Care
    Bob Oehler

Working on Now

Currently I have started a Pioneer chest that I modified plans I found on the net. It is of Poplar and so far I have the sides front back and bottom glued up and cut to size. Now I am hand cutting the dovetail pins in the sides. One of those sides is getting ready to be cut with my Dazuki saw. It is the last pic above. The pannel is 18" wide.

I'll try to post a few pic's this weekend maybe.
    I also want to post some wood gloat pics and a few shots of some previous projects.

Take care
    Bob Oehler

Nice shop. I love the small ones, they look more used.

John
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.