Thread: Question for Computer Wizards Outlook 2007 inbox email delete

Question for Computer Wizards Outlook 2007 inbox email delete

Since the XP box decided to be unusable I moved up to the very modern windows 7 box. In that one a friend set up the email and I notice when I delete emails in the inbox instead of deleting them it leaves them there but puts a line through them. In the sent box if I delete they just delete. Dont get why and cant find a way to change that, DId the Google thing first and find nothing to do with the line through the email when you press delete. I just wont take the email out of the inbox. '

Reminds me of "im not dead yet" in Austin Powers or Monty Python.

I suspect that you are using IMAP settings for your email account, not POP3. Using IMAP, when you "delete" an email, it will put a red line through it and leave it in your inbox. To change this, try the instructions in this article

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...-being-deleted
    Last edited by Grant Wilkinson; 01-08-2019 at 8:21 AM.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Blog Entries
    Here is a link that seems to deal with the problem.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

will give it try later today. Not my thing understanding all of it and it was set up for me.

thanks on both
    Last edited by Warren Lake; 01-08-2019 at 11:03 AM.