Thread: Not sending job to printer

Not sending job to printer

Tonight I finished some engraving using the rotary. Shutoff the machine removed rotary and fired up the engraver and now it will not send anything to the engraver. The only thing that makes sense is a failure with the USB cable. Is this a standard cable? Anything else I can try? The jobs are in queue but do not go to the engraver. Epilog 36EXT

I've had that happen I get a communication lost error
    I just unplug and re plug the cable and that usually fixes it.
    also try another port
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

My GCC does that a half dozen times a day. No clue why, but as I understand it GCC's USB driver is a bit funky. Different cables don't help. But, the unplug-replug thing fixes it every time.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I would look into using the Ethernet connection, if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    My GCC does that a half dozen times a day. No clue why, but as I understand it GCC's USB driver is a bit funky. Different cables don't help. But, the unplug-replug thing fixes it every time.
    Something else is going on Kev. I had that happen a few times, but rarely more than once a month. There may be something else screwing up the connection, but it shouldn't happen that often.

I have tried switching ports. I have tried putting the rotary back in (not sure why but this was working right before this happened so I am trying everything). I have opened a ticket with epilog to see if they can help. Thanks for the replies. I will post the fix.

Thanks

Reboot the computer - solves abut 99% of computer problems.

We had this happen too. Ended up having to reinstall the print drivers etc.
    Epilog Helix 60 watt, Epilog 36EXT 75 watt, 2 Rotary Attachments, 3 Jaw Chuck Rotary Attachment, Kern 52x100 400 watt putting out 580 watts, Photobrasive Laser Mask, Rayzist 1924 Blast Cabinet, ikonics blast cabinet, SR3000 Resist, Epson 1400 Printer, 1 Paragon Glass Kiln, Covington Wet Belt Sander/Polisher, 2 JDS Air Filtration Units, 14" Stone Saw, and A Few Other Things I Forgot About!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    Something else is going on Kev. I had that happen a few times, but rarely more than once a month. There may be something else screwing up the connection, but it shouldn't happen that often.
    Usually it happens when sending a job from a different computer; Don will run a few jobs from his computer, then if I send a job most times it won't go thru, and vice versa. Sometimes is won't go after waking up the machine, but that's rare. I think it's mostly a network thing. My LS900, if I send a big job directly, it's screen will say "calculating" while it uploads, but the screen nevers says squat with jobs I send from another computer.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I converted to Ethernet. Hopefully it will be more reliable, although, I haven't had any issues until now. Thanks for your input.