Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Guys and Gals, It's time to get to work, time to donate!!

Keith has spoken and I have clicked in my $50 contribution.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I've just clicked $50 into the pot.

I'm a bit, no make that a lot, ashamed that I didn't step up to the plate a long time ago. My $50 contribution has just been made. I'm reading the creek more than the newspapers I get every day, and I certainly get a lot more pleasure and knowledge out of it! I was lost when the pond dried up and Keith stepped up to the plate to fill that void... Let's not let the waters in the creek run dry... This is a great family, and a family takes care of its own. Any amount will help folks!

Keep it going

Keith

First of all, thanks so much for getting SMC up and running and for your devotion toward keeping it the friendly, open community that supports so many of us in our hobby/occupation. Best of luck to both you and Jackie in your future endeavors.

Thanks also for making it clear that you can continue to keep SMC alive with financial contributions. I was concerned that we were just running around throwing money at something before we had determined how things were going to proceed.

Hopefully with the cash you'll receive you can have a bit of a respite and spend some time with the moderators laying out all the aspects of SMC "membership".

In the meantime, there is $100 check in the mail to you. I know that you'll use it well.

Jay

Keith,

Thanks for a great forum and all you and Jackie do to make it happen. Personally, I am somewhat embarrassed for not inquiring about how SMC is financed or contributing to the forum sooner so I am really glad to have the opportunity to support SMC now.

Do you have an estimated budget projection for the next 12 months including all costs and not just the Cox Commercial Cable connection? If we know the total number you need to keep SMC up and running I am confident we can easily raise that amount.

Thanks again,

Lloyd Morris

Count me in - $50 (thru your donate button)
    Only the Blue Roads

Sent some $$$

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten
    We discussed this in the Moderators forum and the majority felt that a Member supported platform wouldn't work. It seems we may have been wrong.

Let me make you guys and gals an offer....Cox Cable will provide us a commercial cable connection here in my workshop with 768K of outbound traffic. This is just a bit more than we have been using for the last few months. The cost is $109.00 per month on a twelve month contract or $1308.00 per year. If we can collect $1200.00 . . . {snip} . . Additionally we could create a new Member Class to thank those who are providing our financial support and offer other perks as well like an advertising forum open for "Gold Members" to freely advertise their wares. Possibly this would entice others to support SMC and keep the cost per member very low so even our younger woodworkers could easily be able to subscribe.
    Keith -

Thanks for the explanation. This is as valuable (if not more) to me than a magazine subscription.

What is the easiest way for you to receive and process the donations? The DONATIONs button at the top of the page, PayPal, check sent to your shop, or . . . . ?

$$$ coming your way when the least burdensome method for you is posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten
    If we have enough support this week I will assume the contractual obligation for SMC to continue as a Member Supported Forum. Just so you know that I am serious I will donate $50.00 of my personal funds per year and continue to volunteer my time as an Administrator. If we are unable to collect the necessary funds this week Jackie and I will return all monies collected.
    Let's all help each other out and give a little.

Keith, Jackie, Aaron -Thanks for everything so far and your willingness to continue.

Best Regards,
    Ted

ps - I will see your $50.00 - via the DONATE button at the top of the page. More later if you still need it.
    Last edited by Ted Shrader; 10-09-2005 at 1:25 PM.

I am in for $30.00, thanks for all you do and are doing to keep SMC alive Keith!

Corey

love the site and I am also in.

lou

New numbers:

A big thanks to Jim, Jamie, Roger, Jay, Andy, Ted, Corey and especially Keith.

$785 down, $415 to go.

Let's get this job done today,

We need to send some money!!

Again, thanks to those whose donations haven't been counted above. I know there are many of you.

John

Last edited by John Bailey; 10-09-2005 at 1:43 PM.
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

OK! I'm in for 25.00 now and more later. Let's hit this goal by mid afternoon!!! Jim.

My $50 is in.
    I have to say however that I am happy to give on a voluntary basis I would like to see The Creek remain free to all comers. I think that a subscription service allows too many people to call the shots. It becomes a service and there will be people who want better service for their money. I think that at this point if Keith is willing to take the responsibility for keeping it going with the money we provide that I would like it to remain the benvolent dictatorship that has worked so well. I trust your judgement.
    John
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

Count me in for $25 via the donate option.
    John, and all others involved in the day to day operation of this site, thank you!!!!!

I'm on my way to the donate button right now.

This forum is great, the people are nice and I enjoy reading it every day. I'd have to be crazy not to help with it's maintenance.

Thanks Jim, John and Dan and all those who are donating and not posting.

That means there's really more than shows here. But, let's get the job done now!!

$880 down, $320 to go!!

Getting close, let's speed it up.

We Need to Send Some Money!
    John

I've been at this computer all day. I'm going out to work on my shop. See you all in about 3 hrs. I bet we're over the $1,200 by then.
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.