Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas List...

I just asked for a new face mask and moisture meter. I treated myself with a new 3520 for my birthday. Hard to ask for a lot after that.
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bouis View Post
    I ordered that proper curtain track I've been wanting. A good hospital-quality one. No more ceiling hooks!
    Bob, what do you use this for? Where did you find it?

Thanks,
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Reed Gray View Post
    I want a 10,000 sq. ft. shop....... On a river, in the country, with a forest, and a lake, by the ocean......

robo hippy

You should checkout Zach LaPierre on the AAW site. Except for the size, he has it nailed!

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Bob, what do you use this for? Where did you find it?
    Fred,

It's used to hold a curtain that wraps around the lathe while you're turning to keep shavings (and sometimes streams of water) from going everywhere in your shop. The one I ordered has the track suspended 12" below the ceiling so I can work around my lights, dust collection, air filter, all sorts of things that are in the way.

As it is now I have the curtain suspended from a couple hooks, and it's onerous to climb up on a chair to move it out of the way when not needed (especially since it's two pieces for entry and exit purposes).

The company I got it from is Covoc. Don't want to give them an endorsement as of now as I don't have it yet, but they have a good reputation and...well, fair prices, I guess, but not cheap for sure.

http://www.covoc.com/cubicle-track/

I would like a case of good joint linamint? or a pair of good knee so I can turn more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bouis View Post
    The company I got it from is Covoc. Don't want to give them an endorsement as of now as I don't have it yet, but they have a good reputation and...well, fair prices, I guess, but not cheap for sure/
    Bob - you might look at the Vidga product at IKEA. It's not really clear on their website, but it is a curtain track system. I put in my last shop and it works really well. Nice rolling cars for the curtain, and my whole investment a few years ago was about $50 for their hardware. I used perforated angle steel to suspend the track from the ceiling (had 11 foot ceilings in the old shop) added the curved corners from Ikea...the whole thing including the net curtain was done for a little less than $100 total. Unless I did something very wrong, When I priced just the hardware on covoc it came to nearly $400 just for the track

Several years back I got a set of Hunter #1 tools for turning small boxes. It really did a great job on the inside of those small segmented pieces, so I bought the #5 to work on the inside of larger segmented pieces. I use it "rough to finish" and it is really does a super job. So my list has the Hunter #3 straight and full swan neck tools on in and a bottle of Macallan Fine Oak Single Malt 30 Year Scotch. I'm sure I will not get the Macallan's, but am looking forward to getting the Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Albrecht View Post
    You should checkout Zach LaPierre on the AAW site. Except for the size, he has it nailed!
    Got to like snow though! :-)

Blog Entries
    Robo you forgot the wood store next door that has free wood always ,and the mountain view . I want a big Elm log ,she just looked at me sideways .Guss it's shirt and underware .

Bob, can you give me a web address for your curtain track? thanks

Sorry Bob, missed the earlier response.