Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shop Tour #3: The Martin T-17 Tablesaw.

Dev (still) hasn't logged on here since 2008. Don't know if any other members can help.
    We'll see, I guess.

Have you tried OWWM?
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 01-18-2018 at 6:19 AM.

The pictures actually still show up for me. If Stephen comes back, we can actually discuss getting them somewhere he can see them or whats up. Pretty crappy pics though - WAY TOO CLOSE to see much of anything. Didnt look like DEV had it very long either as reported in the thread
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    The pictures actually still show up for me. If Stephen comes back, we can actually discuss getting them somewhere he can see them or whats up. Pretty crappy pics though - WAY TOO CLOSE to see much of anything. Didnt look like DEV had it very long either as reported in the thread
    Using Chrome (as well as most other browsers), all you have to do is click on the image to get the popup then click the popup image to get to the full size image. Once you get that just right click it and chose "Save Image As...".

The imges you see on the page and popup are optimized to be smaller in size to aid with viewing over slower connections. Once you get to the real image you are at the uploaded image. For the first image I got a 9kb image from the one in the popup but by following through with my instructions the final image was 81k.
    Last edited by Marshall Harrison; 01-18-2018 at 9:16 AM. Reason: claified and fixed spelling

Lol. Pretty sure I understand how images work on this forum bro. I have the most images in the most read thread on this site. Thanks though. The issue is the content of the Martin photos and what he actually shows in the full size pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan Hastings View Post
    I know it’s been 13 years or so, but I have been trying to find info on the T17. I just picked one up and I’m getting ready to go through it. I don’t know if you’re still on the forum. If you are, is there a way I can get the pics you posted of the saw. They don’t show up in the thread. I’m assuming it might be because of the age of the thread. It would be nice to have as a reference. Also would enjoy talking with someone who actually has one of these.
    I have a T-17 sitting in my shop

6. Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    I have a T-17 sitting in my shop
    Sorry for the newbie question. Unsure how to private message you. Just had some general questions about the saw. More specifically the slide table. Mine is missing the kickstand. Unsure of where the attachment points are or if there’s a bracket missing. My flip up extension table is about 1/8” lower than the cast iron sliding table. Wondered what the reasoning was behind this. At any rate, any info I can glean would be super.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan Hastings View Post
    Sorry for the newbie question. Unsure how to private message you. Just had some general questions about the saw. More specifically the slide table. Mine is missing the kickstand. Unsure of where the attachment points are or if there’s a bracket missing. My flip up extension table is about 1/8” lower than the cast iron sliding table. Wondered what the reasoning was behind this. At any rate, any info I can glean would be super.

Thanks!
    Forgot to take pictures today. I also have a copy of the manual. See what I can come up with.

8. Thanks for the reply Darcy. It’s no hurry. The more I poke around on this thing the more I see I’m going to have to approach the refurb like a milling machine. Very nice machining and tolerances, but gosh what a tank! Seems to be some kind of bonding/putty covering the base and table arm. Kind of throws a wrench in the disassemble/blast/repaint plans. Thanks in advance for any info you can come up with 👍

Can you post some pictures of your machine?

10. Sure thing. I’ll get some posted when I’m at the laptop. Not sure how to post pics from phone.