Thread: Mini Max L55 stroke sander belt

Mini Max L55 stroke sander belt

Does anyone know where i can buy belts for my min max L55 stroke sander? the belts are 6 x 271 . Also not sure what type of belt would work best for it as far as backing material. I think aluminum oxide would be best but on what backing?

Have you looked at Klingspor for sanding belts? I like to use cloth backed belts on my stationary belt sander.

I did and it looks like i would have to custom order that length. I was hoping to find a source for allready made belts

Quote Originally Posted by Melvin Graybill View Post
    I did and it looks like i would have to custom order that length. I was hoping to find a source for allready made belts
    One advantage to custom ordered belts is that you know the seam tape is fresh; they haven't been sitting on the shelf for who knows how long with the tape slowly going bad.

You are correct with that statement. I learned the hard way on a small belt sander with old belts. each belt lasted about 2 minutes and then flew apart. that being said I'm not sure what backing to use on the belts if I custom order them?
    Last edited by Melvin Graybill; 12-05-2016 at 9:12 AM.

I think most of those belt are "custom made". I ordered some from Klingspor, only trouble was TWICE they sent 30 " belts instead of 30 foot belts.

You will have to custom order belts for that machine. I get them from Industrial Abrasives (http://www.industrialabrasives.com/6...512-p-639.html), aluminum oxide on a cloth backing, $22 each. If you come across a better value, let me know.

I looked at Industrial Abrasives and they have the best prices I found so I ordered from them. Klingspore prices were twice as much for custom belts as Industrial. Thanks for the Help!

I'll seconded on industrial abrasive. I had them ship me belts for my L55. Happy happy happy.

Been buying from industrial abrasives for 30 years. They can recommend types of belts for sanding needs. They also have the lowest minimum for custom belts. Don't buy more than a years worth of belts as belts have a limited shelf life.