Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommendation on Forrest WWII and Slivers Mill

I’ve visited this site for a number of years and I’m still falling into dead threads revived. But...I was looking for some saw blade recommendations and good advice has a long shelf life

slightly off topic but -

is the peanut gallery advocating Aaron should have started a new thread with the same exact topic instead of posting in this one ?

Would same gallery keep mum when he asked again, or would they have told him he should have preformed a search because this has already been covered ?

Per Jim's recommendation, I just bought a 12" forrest woodworker 48 tooth from Silversmill and the shipping was super fast, well packaged, the blade was brand new and works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sabo View Post
    slightly off topic but -

is the peanut gallery advocating Aaron should have started a new thread with the same exact topic instead of posting in this one ?

Would same gallery keep mum when he asked again, or would they have told him he should have preformed a search because this has already been covered ?

To be very clear...I was not in any way being critical of Aaron posting in this thread. My comment about it being a "necro thread" was tongue in cheek and I apologize if it seemed otherwise. His question was valid and has been answered. And honestly, it's nice when someone uses the search function, especially a new community member.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jim, wasn't trying to needle you.

I was/am trying to take the hive's temperature on such things in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sabo View Post

I was/am trying to take the hive's temperature on such things in general.
    That would be about 92º for honeybees...year round.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Another happy customer of Slivers Mill. Very knowledgeable staff explain differences between the options and I bought a couple of Woodworker IIs. I’ve owned a Woodworker II in the past and compared it to other blades that I owned. The fact that I am a repeat customer shows my preference 🙂

IMO I think it should be pretty much SOP to start a new thread. Usually when raising old threads from the dead you need to comb through a bunch old posts and things get regurgitated, instead of answering the person’s question who raised the thread from the dead.

Except when someone asks a legit question that has been answered about 385 times in the preceding 3 years the first reply they often receive is...." go search in the archives." Now we are going to pick on a guy who did just that and revived an old thread. How about just helping people figure out their questions, without bothering to nitpick how they present their original post asking for help.
    Last edited by Mike Kees; 06-08-2020 at 12:43 AM.

This conversation is getting far afield from the thread's subject and that's not necessary.

Jim
    Forum Moderator