Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is this nut called?

What is this nut called?

As the title says...what is this nut thing called? Goes in a T-slot.

(Trying to attach something to a T-slot on my Hammer sliding table saw, but can't devise a way to do it without one of these. I'm sure Felder would sell me one...but I suspect the cost and wait would be enormous. Can't find a square-head bolt or carriage bolt that would fit the dimensions of the slot.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

flat nut..sounds too easy I know..pretty sure

Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Dan...mill some oak or other hardwood so it fits in the slot and then just drill and press threaded inserts in the bottom side. That's how I've handled this with my MiniMax slider.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

They make a channel called kindorf, and/or unistrut, some of the flat nuts they use to bolt pipes ect to it, look very similar to your picture. You might be able to buy them (if in fact they are the same animal) at an electrical supply house.

A nut plate.

I do like Jim has suggested. The carriage bolt can be replaced with a tee nut.
    IMG_0310.JPG
    Beranek's Law:

It has been remarked that if one selects his own components, builds his own enclosure, and is convinced he has made a wise choice of design, then his own loudspeaker sounds better to him than does anyone else's loudspeaker. In this case, the frequency response of the loudspeaker seems to play only a minor part in forming a person's opinion.
    L.L. Beranek, Acoustics (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1954), p.208.

Duh. Apparently I was so enamored with the Austrian engineering that I failed to think of such a plebeian solution as wood

Thanks for all the suggestions. I was looking at the ones Ken suggested from McMaster, but they're pricey, and I was just really surprised I couldn't find something similar from McMaster.

Dan.... weld nuts? https://www.fastenal.com/products/fa...goryl1:"600000 Fasteners"|~ ~|categoryl2:"600072 Nuts"|~ ~|categoryl3:"600123 Weld Nuts"|~
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Oooo...now that might be an option, too. Thanks, Ken!

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    It looks similar to a Unistrut nut. Worth a look.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=unis..._AUIBygC&dpr=1
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Wouldn't be hard to make out of bar stock, drill bit, and tap.

Ken beat me to it but was going to suggest Fastenal if there is one close by. On the unistrut channel you can insert them anywhere and then turn and they catch the sides then as you tighten they pull up against the lip of the channel.

Grant
    Ottawa ON

These are easy to make. A piece of aluminum, drill bit, and a tap. Steel works too.