Thread: Fiber Engraveable Media

Fiber Engraveable Media

Evening gents,

Any good recommendations on places we can get fiber engraveable media? Are there any vendors that carry fiber specific material?

Also it is there a Cermark like product that fiber users can use to get a black mark on natural (silver color) aluminum?

thank you!
    3kW IPG Fiber Laser Cutter w/ camera recognition
    100W 3 axis Scanlab/IPG Galvo w/ camera recognition
    100W Rofin CO2 w/ camera recognition
    5x10 Esko Kongsberg CNC w/ camera recognition
    Océ 480GT
    Mimaki 605CII
    HP Indigo S2000
    Epson S70670
    Summa S160T
    Graphtec FC7000

99% of what I mark is either anodized aluminum or stainless steel, and 95% of that is supplied by the customer. What exactly are you looking for?

Pretty much same here. I was thinking of rowmark style material or plastic based stuff that is fiber engraveable. I know it's slim pickings for us fiber folk compared to co2 users.

Any ideas on marking black on natural colored aluminum?
    3kW IPG Fiber Laser Cutter w/ camera recognition
    100W 3 axis Scanlab/IPG Galvo w/ camera recognition
    100W Rofin CO2 w/ camera recognition
    5x10 Esko Kongsberg CNC w/ camera recognition
    Océ 480GT
    Mimaki 605CII
    HP Indigo S2000
    Epson S70670
    Summa S160T
    Graphtec FC7000

Any stainless steel is "Fiber Markable", Aluminum is a bit more difficult. if you can get a darkish gray, you are doing good. You can use the Fiber on most any metal. Even all of that Anodized stuff. Either laser through it or bleach it much like you would a CO2. As for CerMark, I prefer it along with my CO2 laser to the Fiber. Yes the mark is much better with the Fiber, but takes 10 x longer to get it.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

When you think about it, you can engrave lots of stuff with a C02, but really, there's not many things that ARE engravable with a fiber.

Polycarb goes jet black with the right settings, but plan on rough edges. Oh, and plan on whatever's under the polycarb you're engraving to engrave too, the beam passes right on thru

Plexiglass will go near white, but it's really finicky as to the settings. Not worth my time.

Granite engraves nice, but that's the only rock I've tried so far.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Sounds like you are looking for "Products"? I don't use my Fiber that way. It's a "tool" to provide a "Service". I Mark and/or Engrave anything from Yetis (mostly use Cermark/CO2 for these), to AR-15 Receivers, to Medical devices, to parts for the Space-X.program. The Fiber allows me to except work the CO2 just can't do. If you are wanting to use a Fiber for Product sales, good luck. I'm sure you will find enough products, such as Flasks & Yetis, but in the case of Product sales, you may be better off with a CO2.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC