Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Listening to the radio via the internet in the shop

Sonos, Sonos, Sonos.

You can hardline or go wireless, app controllable, great sound. No affiliation. Expensive, but awesome.
    -Lud

I recently upgraded my ancient MP3 streaming device to a Sonos Connect, hooked into the existing stereo system. It is great-- I can play all the ripped CDs from my computer as before (some 20,000 songs in obscure genres you won't hear on the radio), but also thousands of internet radio stations and streaming services. I pulled a cat6 cable out to the barn and connect with a wired ethernet. WiFi works, but not as well or as reliably.

+1 on SONOS. Expensive? Yes. But it is significantly better than many other solutions I tried.

Next radio is what I use on my phone. But it has to have the FM radio in it. My GS7 does. That was a nice find.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I use my iPhone 6's bluetooth feature to send podcasts from iTunes, iHeart, and stream content from Amazon Prime, etc. to an earlier version of this speaker system:

http://www.costco.com/ION-Audio-Bloc...100303570.html

It's portable with a collapsible handle and battery for use when AC isn't available.