Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: So what are you looking for come Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

So what are you looking for come Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

For me it is a couple of Dewalt 618 D-handle routers, another Dewalt 611 router kit, parallel clamps (Jet hopefully), maybe a 12v brushless impact driver (Makita or Bosch) to complement my Festool CSX and some 20v Dewalt batteries which may come in the form of a drill/driver kit since they are often cheaper than the batteries plus I can always use another charger.

So what is everyone hoping to score this shopping err holiday season?
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Felders Holiday sale.

Its time to get my shaper fully outfitted.

Aigner fence, distometer, presuure bars, mounting brackets, maybe a cutter or two and a extension table for my jointer.

Other than that nothing i want/need goes on sale. I could use some new work clothes but when you can buy more tools the old ratty work clothes have to suffice...

A quiet day at home with the family and plenty or left overs.

Another set of JET clamps at 50% off the regular price!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Jet clamps at 50% off, free shipping on any size order at Rockler.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    For me it is a couple of Dewalt 618 D-handle routers, another Dewalt 611 router kit, parallel clamps (Jet hopefully), maybe a 12v brushless impact driver (Makita or Bosch) to complement my Festool CSX and some 20v Dewalt batteries which may come in the form of a drill/driver kit since they are often cheaper than the batteries plus I can always use another charger.

So what is everyone hoping to score this shopping err holiday season?
    What are the strengths of the Bosch/Makita brushless 12V?
    (I had been keeping my eye on the brushless milwaukees; didn't know that makita and bosch now have brushless 12V.)

I've been thinking about a shop radio. Hoping the Rigid Gen5x would get a good deal.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Hills View Post
    What are the strengths of the Bosch/Makita brushless 12V?
    (I had been keeping my eye on the brushless milwaukees; didn't know that makita and bosch now have brushless 12V.)

Matt
    The Milwaukee brushless 12v drill/driver and impact are the workhorses of the class and come the closest to replacing an 18v but they are big, almost the size of compact 18v drills. The (blue) Makita and Bosch are significantly smaller and fit into tighter spaces and are lighter which is what I want in a 12v. Where I am stuck is the Bosch uses stick batteries so it is fatter at the grip but not as tall as the Makita which uses slide on batteries. So I am at the point now where the best deal will make my decision between the two. Personally, I could care less about the added runtime for the brushless motors my main interest in them is the smaller form factor.

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Where is everyone eyeing Jet clamps at 50% off retail price?

Jet has a 50% off sale every BF and just about all retailers have the sale on the clamps. I've gotten some the last 2 years. There were complaints last year about fulfillment from some sellers - I think they oversold.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    Jet has a 50% off sale every BF and just about all retailers have the sale on the clamps. I've gotten some the last 2 years. There were complaints last year about fulfillment from some sellers - I think they oversold.
    I don't mind waiting if they arrive. Some of us are waiting for a Festool sander as well. Others, points at Van, already have four of them. I need to shop where he shops.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    I don't mind waiting if they arrive. Some of us are waiting for a Festool sander as well. Others, points at Van, already have four of them. I need to shop where he shops.
    The sanders were just blind luck, I was out of town working during the deal and didn't know about the deal until after pre-orders were closed. I called my local store and got on the list and they had two for me and I set up an eBay search notification because I wanted to watch the mayhem so when CPO listed them I bought two more. Had I gotten the email on Oct 4 like most people I would have ordered from Bob Marino or Shane at Tool Nut and be waiting also. In retrospect, the small dealers were the way to go when it was first announced.

I really do hope Jet has their usual clamp sale since I have convinced myself one last dip into that pond and I will have all I reasonably need but we all know how that goes with clamps.

When & where can we expect to hear about the Jet clamp sale? From a quick perusal at Big Box Store on Friday looks like prices for a lot of the seasonal junk will be higher than last year. Of course, that's just continuing a string of price increases without corresponding wage increases we've all seen for many years.
    Last edited by Mike Manning; 11-13-2016 at 5:15 PM.

I"m not really looking for anything, but if I saw some doo-dad one sale from any of the vendors I monitor, I'd consider it if it was something I could/would use. That would likely be something in the hand-tool realm...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I'd consider buying another DeWalt 611 trim router package (with the plunge and fixed bases). I have two now but I like to keep certain bits in them permanently so they're pre-adjusted.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    I'd consider buying another DeWalt 611 trim router package (with the plunge and fixed bases). I have two now but I like to keep certain bits in them permanently so they're pre-adjusted.

Mike

The usual $25 off $100 won't move me on the Dewalt routers I want since those deals come up regularly, in fact they just had that promotion in the last week or two. Now, if they would just give me 25% off then I would spend some money.