Thread: Ever-flowing Vrs. Curiosity The name and actual design of the way it is first seen.

Ever-flowing Vrs. Curiosity The name and actual design of the way it is first seen.

First and foremost, Thank You for taking the time to come and read this. I have never created anything thing like this before so I am kinda just feeling my way through it one day at a time.
    I honestly don't know if I should just stop and burn the darn thing or keep going. I am starting to really like the idea though( did my font just change?) But, now I am at a crossroad and need some help if you all don't mind. All and any ideas are welcome. Including just burning it. LOL A few things you should know before you decide.

1) I know the base is not 100% level yet.
    2) I will refer to the pictures and view as either "EF or C" for the name and the way it will viewed.
    3) It does not have ANY varnish on it. I will research here on the site for the very best product to bring out the natural wood color.
    4) The green plants are NOT the ones am going to use. I just did that for proof of design.
    5) The logs are Montague LA Sinker Cypress that are very old and has every color that comes with it title, on a MASSIVE scale.
    5) Both pieces are 100% natural and have been hand sanded and are naturally balanced .

With that said, here is my conundrum. I like the view of "C" when you walk to it for the very first time. You can't see anything on the top piece. Just the green of the trees and the natural bark and the way it curves toward the base wood. I think they fit very well together just on their own. But, one has to wonder what is behind it so you walk to either the right or left and then the piece comes to life out of nowhere as you walk your way around it 360 degrees. This is why I like the name "Curiosity." So those pictures that you will see the plants will be closest to you as if your standing in front of the piece. Tjen on the right side of you as i moved around it. Also, I forgot to mention that when the log is this way, I can make it stick about 1 foot and change over the front edge of base and it looks like it should roll right off but, it is perfectly balanced. I hope you can see that in the pictures.

Then there is "Ever-Flow" with the leaves in the back of the piece. You automatically see some of the way it has been eroded. But you still have to move to either of the sides to see just how complex of a piece of wood this is.

I guess that is it. I just wanted to know what you all think about the view. I got a feeling I might be the only person alive that will like this piece... lol Thank you in advance for any suggestions you may have.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like it, keep going. I think once you get a good oil finish on it that brings out some depth, it will be wondrous. I would suggest trying some angle on the top piece, it will give it a more dynamic look.

As for which look, certainly keep both Curiosity and Everflow, simply switching out the presentation as the mood moves you.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

Curiosity left side view is the one that gets me in. Cheers
    Every construction obeys the laws of physics. Whether we like or understand the result is of no interest to the universe.

Great first post Ed. Glad you found us. I'm a fan of the vertical flow.