Thread: New Power Feed for Grizzly G0759

New Power Feed for Grizzly G0759

Just got done with my power feed for my G0759 mill. Basic inspiration comes from the Grizzly power feed. The box is 2 pieces of aluminum angle, drilled tapped and screwed together. The motor is a power seat motor and the shaft was milled to accept a 3/8th 14mm socket. The 14mm socket was friction fitted into some round aluminum bar, then the bar "grooved" and tapered to except an aluminum plate made into a fork. I peened the fork into a piece of steel bar scrap and tapped it for a 1/4" bolt for the handle shaft, then epoxied a ball on. The electronics are from Amazon as is the Switch. Overall......so far it works well. I did one similar on a HF mill, but had to engage the socket with my fingers. The motor speed controller will take the motor from a crawl to pretty fast.

Shifter Engaged.jpgShifter Out.jpgFinished.jpg

That's pretty clever. I'm assuming the motor has enough torque not to stall out during a cut. Do you have any trouble engaging the nut?
    The Bridgeport power feed quit working on my mill. The fuse is good, I need to do some trouble shooting with it.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

As the folks said at American Science and Surplus "it will move your butt". It will stall, but takes a lot and giving that the mills table as some gear reduction, I can't hardly stop it with my hand. I use a lot of these motors and controllers for other projects and found if they do slow down, something is wrong. Just went out and squared some stock with a 3/4" bit at full speed and the bed did not slow a bit. The cut was not real heavy, but enough to make the mill shake a little. The nice thing about these motors is they are only about $15 at American Science and Surplus
    Last edited by Josh Bowman; 11-06-2016 at 8:46 PM.