Thread: Woodworkers in Bella Vista Arkansas

Woodworkers in Bella Vista Arkansas

My wife and I are considering retiring in Bella Vista, Arkansas. We've made a couple of house hunting trips (from Houston), but so far no solid leads for the home or land that meets our wish-list criteria. We've had a very difficult time finding a lakefront home with a workshop, a home with the space for a workshop, or land with space for a home and workshop. Topography (slope) is a major consideration. Also, I want to be considerate of my (potential) future neighbors, so noise and sound proofing are considerations as well. I'm interested to know if there are fellow SMC'ers in the Bella Vista area willing to provide some advice/solutions to my woodworking shop conundrum? I will be glad to provide personal email and/or mobile phone number if that help.

Robert Galey

Can't help with Bella Vista except for this alternative. Expand your search to Beaver Lake for lake front and a shop or room for a shop. If you still want Bella Vista, membership lots (un-buildable) have went for back taxes. That would give you access to all the amenities of Bella Vista if you pay the dues.

In any case NW Arkansas is really a nice place to retire....we love it here. GO HOGS!!
    Larry

Blog Entries
    I'm from central Ms originally and been here for Almost 7yrs. Was in the Fayetteville area,now in the springdale area. Lakefront is fairly hard To find that isn't secluded. Why Bella Vista? It is a more of a retirement area, and a golf haven. But most expensive area up here with the worst traffic. There are a lot of places somewhat rural around Beaver lake that isn't near Bela Vista.
    It is pretty easy to find land wih house, you might have to build shop, and a lot of nice views. Waterfront a bit harder.

I've a good realtor that I can hook you up with if you want some alternatives. Pm me if interested. John
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Larry, John,

Thanks for the advice. Still looking, but may have found a good compromise - a house with a nice shop/basement. 200 amp main panel with a 100 amp sub panel in the shop. 120/240v circuits already there. The house must have been built with the shop in mind. If we can agree on a price I'll be spending a lot of time reading some of the great stuff about noise abatement, soundproofing, humidity control, etc., that's already out there on SMC. What a great resource. Thanks.

Loran Galey

Slope is gonna be a concern anywhere you look up here. It's a mountain range If you look a bit more to the east, Mountain Home is a fine area with plenty of cheap land/real estate, 2 Corp lakes and the White River. It is a retirement community and popular vacation spot. My wife's cousin actually just migrated his family back from Houston to Bull Shoals last year. We do have some nicer 'hoods with HOAs if you desire such, but sounds like you might be happier in a quiet area just outside of town or in one of the many 'hoods around the lakes. As a retirement community it isn't hard to find nicer houses that already have finished shops.

However, you may find that 'lake-front' is a misnomer. On Corp lakes (Beaver, Norfork, Bull Shoals, Taneycomo and Lake Of The Ozarks are the big 5 here) there is a strip of land between private property and the lake itself. I only know of a handful of exclusions where the property goes all the way to the water on Norfork, and one is Garth Brook's place, but the view is spectacular even from a distance.

Just know that if you do move here, it is required that you become a fan of the Hogs. You'll be sent back to Texas if you fly any Longhorn or Aggies stuff here

Shoot me a PM if you want to know more about the area. I grew up here and finally got my family back here about 5 years ago. Always happy to talk about the area and the outdoor opportunities here.

Blog Entries
    Dont know your price range,but I looked yesterday and saw a couple of beauties with views, shop and acres. I've a great basement,but it isn't a woodworker basement, half headed to my new business. Holler if you need info, hope you find the perfect place
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others