Thread: Job Control on Mac

Job Control on Mac

Does anyone currently use Job Control X on a Mac? I'm contemplating buying a Mac but won't unless I can run the Trotec and DCS printer with it either directly or using parallels. I don't want something that "works ok", it's pretty flawless now on Windows 10 and I'd like to keep it that way.

Gary

I don't use my MacBook Pro to run any of my equipment and didn't intend to when I bought it but I am generally disappointed with my purchase decision. I bought it to let me do artwork and photo editing with Corel while ogling tv in the den but I've run into so many conflicting opinions of Bootcamp and parallels that I am currently using it only for internet browsing. Had I stuck with a Windows machine I would have been well on my way to positive output.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I've been using a macbook retina pro for bout 4 years now (since they were released). I run windows 8 inside VMware Fusion. Windows runs very nicely, and I use corel 6. I use job control (need to check version) on the mac and it works fine.
    The retina screen is awesome.
    The other nice thing is having the mac "time machine" backup which is standard on the mac. Because windows is just a file virtual machine, it is completely backed up each time i connect my 2tb backup drive.

I'm happy to give you more info if you are interested.

Sorry but I know zero about parallels or bootcamp.

Running mac and windows simulateously is easy as is copying / pasting betwen them etc.

Mac system for partial quick screenshots for artwork samlles etc is awesome.

You have nothing to fear using a mac / vmware fusion / windows / corel / job control.

The only thing that doesnt run nice on my mac is gravostyle which is carp program anyway.

Hope that helped...
    Cheers, Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    or using parallels. I don't want something that "works ok", it's pretty flawless now on Windows 10 and I'd like to keep it that way.
    Gary , I have done more than I can count upgrades / system transitions using Parallels on a Mac. What I can say its it in many cases runs even better then on a PC. I would not even hesitate to run Parallels on a Mac. I give it a 100 on the 100 scale. it really does work great Go for it. feel free to contact me for any insights. ~Sam (No, I do not work for Parallels or Apple. Im self employed engineer and It consultant. )

Thanks for all the replies! I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet, but at least I have a pretty good chance of it working! Even if it doesn't work, my wife needs a new computer and was going to buy an iMac anyway so I would just wipe it clean and reinstall the os and make it hers.

I ran my 3D design SW on a MacBook using parallels and it was more stable than Windows native on a pc. Now running a Windows only on a Mac with VMware, and I'd have to say it even runs better than Parallels. And amusing sidenote, got a virus on the window side and I erased it reinstalled and was back up in 30 mins. Mac never blinked.
    355 - 10400 : )

Quote Originally Posted by Neville Stewart View Post
    I ran my 3D design SW on a MacBook using parallels and it was more stable than Windows native on a pc. Now running a Windows only on a Mac with VMware, and I'd have to say it even runs better than Parallels. And amusing sidenote, got a virus on the window side and I erased it reinstalled and was back up in 30 mins. Mac never blinked.
    Thats the beauty of running a virtual machine. Plus the mac backup system makes it all so easy.
    HARDWARE - Macbook Retina Pro - Toshiba Satellite - Epilog Helix 60W Co2 Laser & Rotary - Trotec Speedy 300 Co2 Laser - Gravo IS400 IQ Engraver. - Pcut CTO630 Vinyl Cutter. - Wacom DTF720 Touch / Trace Screen - GKS DC16 Sublimation Press - Chinese 6040 CNC Router
    SOFTWARE - VMware Fusion / Windows 8.1 - Coreldraw X6 - Trotec Job Control 9.4.4.2 - E-cut - Gravostyle 7 - ULS 1Touch Photo - BizzWizz Invoicing / Stock Control / Ledger - VB6 Pro - Mach3 - V-Carve Desktop

I have been running Parallels on my iMac for a couple months now with Windows 7 installed. Both Corel Draw and Vectric Aspire run great, not one problem so far.

Prallels works just fine. Just remember if you upgrade the mac you need to upgrade parallels as well.
    I have been on the mac since 93 and have never used or needed a firewall or virus protection. The windows partition is not connnected to the web.
    copy paste from mac to win.
    M
    shenhui 900x1200 dual tubes 150 & 60