Thread: Favorite TV Commercials

Favorite TV Commercials

I was watching the vintage TV channel today and an old "Where's the Beef" commercial aired. It made me laugh at the accident but I liked that old gal. What are some of your favorite ads?

I REALLY liked the Audi Commander ad from this year's Superbowl. What's not to like - a fast car, an old man reliving his greatest moments and a soundtrack of David Bowie's Starman!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    I REALLY liked the Audi Commander ad from this year's Superbowl. What's not to like - a fast car, an old man reliving his greatest moments and a soundtrack of David Bowie's Starman!
    I just Googled it. Great commercial!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Interesting, I had the opposite reaction to that commercial. I felt it insulted the retired commander by painting the picture of someone who had nothing to live for, just spent his time watching TV with no appetite for life until he was offered the keys to the Audi.

Only saw this commercial one time but it impressed me.

You see a little red sports car coming down a mountain in the Italian Alps. When it gets to the bottom, it stops and a guy dressed in a suit gets out and says
    "every Ferrari that leaves Italy leaves with a set of Goodyear tires. Why? Because Enzo Ferrari wants it that way". Then he gets back in and drives off.

Never saw that commercial again.
    "When the horse is dead, GET OFF."

My current favorites are the series of Subaru ads over the last few months. Second place would be the Farmers Insurance ads.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

I loved the one a few years back where a coke delivery guy is trying to sneak a Pepsi out of a cooler and crashes all the shelves. I believe it was a Superbowl ad. Years ago, I mean so far back that many trees have been planted, harvested and made into furniture, one of my teachers would show the Clio Awards to us in class. They are still around and as they are international, they give you a peek into other countries ads.

Check them out at clios.com.

Edit: I just checked and watched the 'Old Spice' winner for 2016. It was obviously filmed on the Bonneville Speed Way near me. Very funny.
    Last edited by Mark Blatter; 10-17-2016 at 11:57 AM.

Blog Entries
    My favorite ads are the Mayhem ads for Allstate. I'll never buy insurance from them, but their ads are fun.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I love the ad airing currently with the dogs that flood the house and then do a synchronized swimming routine while the owners watch, dumbfounded. I guess it says something about ad effectiveness that I do not recall which insurance company it's from, but the ad is superbowl quality IMO.

Guess my favorite is the literal minded genie commercial.

Guy rubs the lamp, genie appears. Genie says "What is your wish?". Guy says "A million bucks" and is immediately surrounded by lot of deer.
    Regards,
    Dick

My current favorite-- Yellow M&M talking into a fan blowing in his face-- "Crispy M&M's are baaaaaccckkk"--
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle