Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boss Laser

You get what you pay for and unless you are an experienced laser person and can repair machines then stick with USA based companies with support. You see them all the time posting on here after they have purchased cheap Chinese equipment. These machines are not plug and play like a inkjet printer they require time to learn.

Rabbit laser USA may be higher priced but they support what they sell. FSL has a poor reputation from customer service issues in the past.

Do some Searching and reading on here before purchasing. Many of those questions you have posted have been asked and answered, over and over again.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

All i can say about Boss Laser they are the best. Never had a problem with warranty or after warranty.. Only problem i ever had was my own fault. ( Ashley, Que, Michelle my future wife's ), Tom, even the French Man and all the other tech support people at Boss Laser are very very helpful.. The French man you got to have your dictionary out to look up words he uses he is very educated. If i new how to do face time it would be even better. I have never had a problem with Boss Laser. After my warranty was up they still help me.. With my problems with aligning my mirrors was my own fault as Boss Laser will tell you it is tedious time consuming witch i have no patience my fault. I got my mirrors aligned now after 10 months of leaving the machine as a dust collector.

I would suggest is getting with some one local and asking to learn from them or watching how they do things. As with me i am more of visual hands on instead of reading a manual or watching videos. Does not make sense to me..

I would buy another laser machine from Boss Laser machine..

All i can say is Boss Laser machines and there tech support is suburb even for a hard headed suborn person like my self with no patience. Give me a dog to train i have all the patience there is.

Yes Boss Laser does do on site tech support if memory is correct it is $1000 plus expenses

What i would suggest is a company that sells Laser machines do a step by step video on each thing the machine does step by step while engraving some thing also cutting some thing. Youtube does help a little. Yes this may be time consuming but well worth the time as to taking phone calls after phone calls for tech support help.

Boss Laser will help you every step of the way during and after your warranty has expired..
    STILL A NEWBY LEARNING MY WAY
    Junior Hall
    Boss laser
    engravelab 9v

Considering buying a BOSS LS-3655. Curious about any other feedback on Boss..

Quote Originally Posted by Ishabul Haque View Post
    what about after the boss warranty, after that are we supposed to fend for ourselves and fix all our problems without any assitance?
    Any Chinese laser you will need to either fend for yourself either in or out of warranty. Even Rabbit and you will need to pay for labor and travel time. You would be much better buying a laser with USA factory service that can come to your school and keep it running.

Why do you need a 100 Watt machine? If your teaching basics they can learn on a 30 or 40 watt model.

I taught for 12 years in a community college and I know money is tight, but even worse is getting a machine no one can service. Maybe you can, or can learn but what about the next instructor??

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    You get what you pay for and unless you are an experienced laser person and can repair machines then stick with USA based companies with support. You see them all the time posting on here after they have purchased cheap Chinese equipment. These machines are not plug and play like a inkjet printer they require time to learn. FSL has a poor reputation from customer service issues in the past.

Do some Searching and reading on here before purchasing. Many of those questions you have posted have been asked and answered, over and over again.

For reasons mentioned above, my own experience, as well as other Full Spectrum reviews on SawMill - I don't recommend FS or buying direct from China.
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...age2&p=2082655

If I've learned anything in the endless world of the internet, it's to never buy something without reading a review. BOSS seems to be pretty conscious of their image. Here's a link to a bunch of customer reviews.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/bosslaser.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Philman View Post
    For reasons mentioned above, my own experience, as well as other Full Spectrum reviews on SawMill - I don't recommend FS or buying direct from China.
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...age2&p=2082655
    I remember that thread. Almost four years old and its OP, as well as a few others, basically state that their experience was fine. FS has grown a lot in that time and did away with the K40 (Gen 4) machine, that caused so much trouble (Hey Bert!), in favor of the Gen 5+ that you might see at Rockler as well as its Weiki Pro models. The owner finally realized his shortcomings in CS/marketing and hired talented professionals to help grow the company into a much more mature business. Some will be satisfied and some will not -- like any company or product.

That said, if the OP is still tuning in, my humble vote would be for a Rabbit USA machine intended for a high school robotics team. You'll get the support and training to hit the ground running and any issues that a robotics team encounters will likely be solved easily and make a good learning experience with motion control, lasers, optics, etc. Parts are cheap and widely available. I suspect cutting will be what the machine is used for and you will get a lot of bang for the buck. It will also be gentle on a school's tight budget. FS and Boss will likely be fine too.

Good luck!

I'm in process of purchasing a Boss 2436 150 watt unit. It's a little late in the game (but not too late) to do some comparison shopping. I'm looking for a 150 watt machine in order to cut metal and thought a simple google search would retrieve hundreds of hits....I was mistaken. I'm looking for a laser that will cut metal, as previously stated, included chiller, 110v, and a 24" x 36" cutting area or similar. I would also like it to made in the USA or at least North America for support reasons. I've gone the Chinese route in the past but never again. Does anyone have a suggestion on such a machine?

A 150 watt will cut metal? You just posted this? I'm in process of purchasing a Boss 2436 150 watt unit. Do some more Searching on here and elsewhere there are USA made machines.....

Did someone at Boss laser tell you their machine will cut metal with 150 watt tube?
    For this type of application you should look at Kern laser but cost is a major factor.

BTW, Boss laser is Chinese made machine with local US support.
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    A 150 watt will cut metal? You just posted this? I'm in process of purchasing a Boss 2436 150 watt unit. Do some more Searching on here and elsewhere there are USA made machines.....
    I think it is using high pressure o2 assist. I've heard others mention 150w co2 cutting metal with high pressure oxygen or nitrogen as well. Never seen it myself though.
    60W, Boss Laser 1630
    75W, Epilog Legend 24EX
    Jet Left Tilting table saw and Jet 18" Band saw
    Adobe Creative suite and Laserworks 8