Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corel Question - How To Find Vertical or Horizontal Curve Segments

The only macro I ever created, mostly just to see what it would do, was to automatically put guidelines at 4" from left and 2" from the top. (That's my LS900 "0" until I get my X belt replaced)
    --problem is, to find and activate the macro takes more steps than just putting the lines in manually!

One of these days I may find the time to learn this stuff!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    --problem is, to find and activate the macro takes more steps than just putting the lines in manually!
    As I recall, there's a way to set up a macro so it auto-executes every time a file is opened.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    The only macro I ever created, mostly just to see what it would do, was to automatically put guidelines at 4" from left and 2" from the top. (That's my LS900 "0" until I get my X belt replaced)

One of these days I may find the time to learn this stuff!
    You can either have it execute when you open the file or add it to the toolbar and just click on it - either way is pretty easy to setup.

My thoughts too

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    In this case it needs to traverse the drawing looking for curves, then walk the segments of each curve looking for straight-line segments that have identical X or Y coordinates. There are some tricks required to deal with curves embedded in groups and things like that, but on the whole the process is relatively simple. There's a PDF buried somewhere in the install directory tree that describes the general macro development process with some useful examples.
    Lee, that is how I was thinking the same sort of idea as to how it might be accomplished too. I started looking at the VBA PDF that came with my Corel CDs. Thank you for the link! I will check it out.

Thanks again for the ideas and help.
    Thanks,

Mike DeRegnaucourt

Axiom AR8 Pro CNC, 60-Watt Epilog Legend 36EXT, Prusa MK3 3D Printer, SE-DC16, Powermatic Bandsaw, JET Lathe, Craftsman Lathe, Rigid Drill Press, Excalibur Scroll Saw, Craftsman Tablesaw, Delta Dust Collector, JET Air Filtration, Craftsman Planer, Old Craftsman Jointer, JessEm Router Table with Porter Cable 7518 Router, etc...

Aspire v9.5, CorelDraw 2021, Corel Video Studio 2019, ShaderMap Pro, GIMP, Mesh Mixer, Fusion 360, Sculptris, Google Sketchup, etc...