Thread: Mosher

Mosher

Sandblasted Western Redcedar, primed with MF Adhero acrylic primer & Porter/PPG acrylic paints.
    "Mosher" is domed with PB Resin & gilded with 20karat Yellow Gold.
    This sign is going to Little Current, on Manitoulin Island. For today's geography lesson .... Manitoulin is the world's largest island in a body of fresh water ( Lake Huron). It's a beautiful place .........

TR
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rodger MacMunn View Post
    Sandblasted Western Redcedar, primed with MF Adhero acrylic primer & Porter/PPG acrylic paints.
    "Mosher" is domed with PB Resin & gilded with 20karat Yellow Gold.
    This sign is going to Little Current, on Manitoulin Island. For today's geography lesson .... Manitoulin is the world's largest island in a body of fresh water ( Lake Huron). It's a beautiful place .........

TR
    and now they have a beautiful sign. Very nice!

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Very, Very nice! I especially love the north for its birch trees, clear water and eagles. Is the PB resin you refer to a 100% solids polyester type resin? nice the way it domes like epoxy. Cool idea to use the 3D rounded edges as a base for gilding. I would have been concerned that the resin would find a way to leak and run off the edge. How'd you do that? I do know that if you "paint" it up to a line, then pour more, it will not creep past the line unless you pour too much. I have done that with epoxy and waited til the epoxy started to get thick, then it pours with a higher "dome".
    john.blazy_dichrolam_llc
    Delta Unisaw, Rabbit QX-80-1290 80W Laser, 5 x 12 ft laminating ovens, Powermax 22/44, Accuspray guns, Covington diamond lap and the usual assortment of cool toys / tools.

John,PB resin is formulated just for this, & I do it just like you say .... do an edge line first. The only problem spots are inside corners sharper than 90*. I know how to stop it but wasn't paying attention to what I was doing & 2 of the 3 inside corners leaked ( I call them "runny crotches"). I hammer out cheap Q-tips on the anvil to get in there & clean them out.