Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Takeover ad on SMC

Probably best to use Ad Blocker until they get this resolved.

Happened yesterday using windows 10 and MS Edge. I can't close the add. I can use task manager to close edge. When I try to re-open edge the add comes back up. Since MS edge is integral to windows 10 I can't uninstall. Hence my browser is junk.

Yesterday I wasn't quite sure where I got it but suspected something on the creek. Today on a different machine with windows 10 and firefox the same add tried to load but I was able to stop it with firefox.

Let me know if there is some way I can fix MS Edge on my first machine. This will be my last visit to the creek for a while until you get if figured out.
    Larry

Happened to me with Kindle Fire HDX and Silk browser

Blog Entries
    My occurrence was on an Android Venue 7 running fire fox with popup blocker on and avast anti virus.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Happened to me today on Android. Took me to a site theat was selling some app ... Resell, Resale, something like that.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Just happened again opening a thread.
    iPhone 5, Safari, IOS10

Too bad the admins can't disable ads until they figure out what is going on.. Or at least the likely source of the bad ads.

Blog Entries
    Guys, when you get one of this strange things use the snip feature of Windows 10 to copy the window and post it here. Make sure you get the address bar.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

There was no address bar that I remember. It was a full screen window with a few smaller windows inside it.
    Again, I'll get video if it happens.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Disabling our banners is like stopping your paycheck when you are sick. Besides it seems the the issue happens when some people are clicking on forums and posts, not just banner ads.

It is also possible that your browser cashe has picked up a link from somewhere else that is following you here based on keywords. This might be the reason that only small number of people are experiencing the problem. We can what if this one to death but I can tell you that Aaron is spending as much time as he can to solve this issue.

As I mentioned earlier in this post, I got a popup when I clicked on New Posts once about 5 days ago and have had nothing since either on XP or Win 7 with Ie 11 or Firefox.

Pay $6 to become a contributor and turn off ads. Everyone wins!

Actually I'm a contributor and still had it happen. On iOS so unless its related to a tracking cookie its unlikely its related to anything I've done.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    Actually I'm a contributor and still had it happen. On iOS so unless its related to a tracking cookie its unlikely its related to anything I've done.
    Me too. Still happened to me.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I'm getting pop ups everytime I click on a post tonight l have gotten 3 one says I have battery infection and should go to Google play store and download the fix, the next one was PopAds.net redirected me to Google play store to the Moble Strike game and the third one redirected to http://www.outdoorseagle.com/5-lates...utdoors-eagle/
    Hope this helps
    Robert