Thread: Just got a used Epilog 24TT and I have some questions.

Just got a used Epilog 24TT and I have some questions.

The z-axis bed is un-level from left to right. There isn't enough compliance in the adjustment screws to get it level. Even if I crank the adjustment screws down tight to pull the right side up, and loosen the left side to bring the left side down, it was still off by about 3mm over the entire width of the bed.

So I started was messing with the tension screw (the one with the lock washer) on the right side. I accidentally removed it completely from whatever is underneath the bed and then subsequently dropped it over the side and down into the bowels of the machine. Can the bed be completely removed? I need to recover that screw, plus I'd like to inspect the leveling mechanism to figure out why it's not working.

I've skimmed the manual, but I didn't see anything talking about removing the z-bed.

Appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by David Sharp02 View Post
    The z-axis bed is un-level from left to right. There isn't enough compliance in the adjustment screws to get it level. Even if I crank the adjustment screws down tight to pull the right side up, and loosen the left side to bring the left side down, it was still off by about 3mm over the entire width of the bed.

So I started was messing with the tension screw (the one with the lock washer) on the right side. I accidentally removed it completely from whatever is underneath the bed and then subsequently dropped it over the side and down into the bowels of the machine. Can the bed be completely removed? I need to recover that screw, plus I'd like to inspect the leveling mechanism to figure out why it's not working.

I've skimmed the manual, but I didn't see anything talking about removing the z-bed.

Appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks,
    Dave
    How did the previous owner use the machine if it was so far off? Did it get out of level when you moved perhaps? I would contact the factory for some help.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Sure, you can easily remove the screws that hold that front grill on and get access to the belly of the machine. With only a bit more effort (several screws on the side and a few more where it wraps around the back), you can further remove the side panel(s) which might make access to the height adjustment easier for you. As I recall, there is a geared mechanism on both sides driven by a single motor with a belt that runs across the bottom of the machine and, quite likely, someone managed to make one side skip a tooth or two and knock the level out of whack. If so, you'll have to loosen things up enough to get the gearing to jump a tooth or two as needed to restore level between the left and right sides.

Thank you. I just got off the phone with Epilog, and they pretty much said the same thing. They sent me an email with the documentation for changing the spur gears, so it looks like this weekend I'll be exploring the guts of the machine.

One other question: Does anyone know the last 32-bit version of Corel Draw? The latest X8 (X9?) apears to be 64-bit only.

Quote Originally Posted by David Sharp02 View Post
    Does anyone know the last 32-bit version of Corel Draw? The latest X8 (X9?) apears to be 64-bit only.
    X16 came in a 32 bit version......

Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

The trial I downloaded won't even install on the XP mode VM. I wonder if it's XP that's not supported rather than W7. Going to have to dig up some 32-bit W7 installation CDs.

Thanks.

I run X5 on 32-bit XP machines. Haven't tried X6 on them.
    4 - Q1 converted New Hermes C2000's
    Signature 8080 Plus
    Universal 50w X2-600
    Universal 60w X-660
    Epilog 60w Fusion 40
    50w 5070 China Special

X6 has worked fine on 2 different 32bit XP pro computers around here, one an old Pentium4 with a whole 1.5g of ram. A bit slow to boot up but worked fine. Runs great on the 2-core 4g ram machine it's on now.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle