Thread: Ridgid Customer Support on LSA

Ridgid Customer Support on LSA

Just want to give a thumbs up to their support team. A local repair shop got me batteries on the LSA several year ago and my batteries died again. The local repair shop went out of business and I had no proof that the new batteries were ever updated at Ridgid. After talking with the customer service rep she was able to get me up and going again with new batteries. That certainly will help me decide what power tools to purchase in the future.

Blog Entries
    Getting the LAS established can be as prickly as getting that rebate that made you chose your purchase. Like Dick, all my experiences after finally getting the tools registered have been excellent. I haven't bought batteries in years. Had a shimmy in my spindle sander, parts took too long to arrive so they just replaced it.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Great to hear, hopefully my drill batteries will hold out a while longer on my Ridgid lithium drill, but when they do I'm headed to HD. I have all registered with LSA too.

Glad it worked out with no problems. I haven't used them for battery replacement but my ROS had issues and was replaced under the LSA. BUT the replacement was a refurbished very used "looked like it was dropped off a truck on the highway used" and that's what they wanted to replace my fairly new ROS with. No way!! I had to argue it out with the HD manager. I finally got a brand new replacement. So the LAS is a good service but be careful.

Red
    RED

My drill chuck broke, HD tec couldn't get a good part to replace some part. After talking with Ridgid they sent me a brand new X5 Drill. I haven't experienced any problems with their LSA they have bent over backwards to make me happy. Its just the hoops you have to go thru to get the tool warranty but sure has been worth it.

Blog Entries
    This brings up another wrinkle. I have an authorized service center at Tool-r-Us 30 miles away so the Home Depot 2 miles away won't service any of the Ridgid stuff under an LSA. They state that they have to refer all repairs to an authorized service center if it is within so many miles. My dad gets to use his Home Depot but, I do not. ;-(
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Ridgid tells me that if the HD has a tool rental area it is an authorized service center. Mine is a 30 mile drive away.

Red
    RED

Maybe for some of us ignorant viewers, someone could explain what "the LSA" is ???
    Ed

Lifetime service agreement