Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tell me your experience with G0766

Jay-----that would be wonderful. You can text me at (765) 546-2961
    THANKS!

How would fill in you purchased a new grizzly lathe in November. it is January 16 and it is still not working due to missing parts?

I'm not sure if I understood your first sentence.

But I found Griz to eventually make me a happy camper. And the lathe has worked well for at least 4 years and still going strong.

Did you receive the lathe with parts missing? If so, what was missing? Or was something defective and needed to be replaced. Did you post because you wanted some advice or did you post because of your frustration with having missing parts?

This is an old thread..... Anyway, I've had my G0766 for about 2 years now. Couldn't be happier. Does what it's supposed to do. No issues thus far.

5. I wonder if Ben's lathe is the G0766 or another model? Grizzly will do right by him, if he calls customer service, and the unit is under warranty. If he got a used lathe from someone [not saying that is the case] but if so, then Grizzly will help him with parts, but he would have to pay for the needed parts.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

I had mine about 18 months and it's been a good one. I'm still happy with my purchase. With 22" of swing and 3 hp, I don't have to worry about running out of capacity with anything I'll attempt.

i Bought a shop fox 22 x 42 on November 10 th. It arrived about i week later and the crate was busted open and many parts missing, drive and tail centers, feet and many others. The major part missing was the complete banjo. I called and they said they would send missing parts 2 parts had to be ordered from China. Jump to January 11 2021 parts arrived the banjo was disassembled and the steel shaft that you tighten was about 5" too short. I called Grizzly and told them about the short shaft.Now I am told they had to order from China again and they hope it will be in a shipment on February 11 2021 if not in that shipment the next shipment will be on February 28 2021. Without that one part the Lathe is USELESS! 4 months seems a little excessive for a lathe i paid for the first of November.
    I wish I had bought something from another manufacture.

Powermatic has a 10% off promotion going on now. That is, Craft Supplies USA will give you a $450 gift card when you buy the Powermatic 3520C at its $4,500 price.
    Last edited by David Walser; 01-18-2021 at 2:01 PM.
    David Walser
    Mesa, Arizona

Never accept a crate that's busted open. Don't sign until you see the crate. It's sad but most shipping companies treat their cargo like crap. As much as it sucks to have to wait for it to be shipped a second time it's much easier than fighting to get the parts needed to repair something.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Zeller View Post
    Never accept a crate that's busted open. Don't sign until you see the crate. It's sad but most shipping companies treat their cargo like crap. As much as it sucks to have to wait for it to be shipped a second time it's much easier than fighting to get the parts needed to repair something.
    Same here if i am not home to accept the delivery the person home has strict orders not to accept if there is anything more then a scuff or ding in the crate. If it was packaged like my 766 was it would take some serious impact to bust through 1/2 inch plywood and the million nails they used to put it together.

I've only had my G0766 for about 18 months. It has been a great lathe and was the most bang for the buck. I would buy it again. I did replace the pot a few months ago but that was only about $2.50 from Grizzly. Easy fix. Apparently that's a consumable item so I ordered an extra to keep on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert D Evans View Post
    I've only had my G0766 for about 18 months. It has been a great lathe and was the most bang for the buck. I would buy it again. I did replace the pot a few months ago but that was only about $2.50 from Grizzly. Easy fix. Apparently that's a consumable item so I ordered an extra to keep on hand.
    I replaced my pot with a larger one I got from Amazon right off the bat. Never had an issue with it. Lately I've been doing other projects so the lathe is being used as a 20" disc sander so I'm always adjusting the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris A Lawrence View Post
    Same here if i am not home to accept the delivery the person home has strict orders not to accept if there is anything more then a scuff or ding in the crate. If it was packaged like my 766 was it would take some serious impact to bust through 1/2 inch plywood and the million nails they used to put it together.
    Also don’t want warranty clock started until you have a functioning tool.

Ben, my own experience with Griz tech support was that it helps to be somewhat assertive or insistent (not abrasive though) and if a tech said he would check something for me, I would call him back if he didn't call me. So I called a bunch of times and kept notes. I guess that I was the squeaky wheel. If I were you, by now I would have implored Griz to take a banjo off another lathe. The other thing that I would do is to escalate your problem to the tech's manager.

BTW, after Griz corrected my issues, they also sent me a gift certificate for $100. So, I thought that, overall, Griz went out of their way to make me a happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Hammock View Post
    ...the banjo was disassembled and the steel shaft that you tighten was about 5" too short. I called Grizzly and told them about the short shaft....
    You shouldn't have to do it, but someone with welding and metal-working skills and a short piece of steel the same diameter might be able to modify that banjo enough to use it until the right one comes.