Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yeti RTIC

Yeti RTIC

Greetings, has anyone tried sublimating these mugs?

Thanks!
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

Blog Entries
    Wow Martin!

As I understand it, in order to get the stainless steel of a YETI mug to sublimate, at least at a rate that we can see in our lifetimes, you would need to heat it up while in a vacuum. And I dont mean a Hoover or Dyson Vacuum. If you could get some time in the space station that might help. Seems like a lot of work just to get Stainless Steel to actually evaporate? Is this even marketable?

Sorry....feeling silly this morning! <grin>
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

A huge market on base.... I get requests all the time.... for color graphics.... I'm shocked that Yeti or the "Knockoffs" haven't coated them yet.
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Boekers View Post
    A huge market on base.... I get requests all the time.... for color graphics.... I'm shocked that Yeti or the "Knockoffs" haven't coated them yet.
    A UV printer with a rotary attachment would be quicker, easier, and more reliable.

LRi will coat them for you, but they have a $500 minimum on coating services.
    4 - Q1 converted New Hermes C2000's
    Signature 8080 Plus
    Universal 50w X2-600
    Universal 60w X-660
    Epilog 60w Fusion 40
    50w 5070 China Special

One of my sales promotion customers screen prints them.

I am not at all a fan of Walmart but their Ozark Trial tumblers at under $10 appear to come from the same factory. Their packaging isn't so hot but the price is cheaper than I can buy knock-offs at wholesale.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

This is something I've been researching for awhile now. This might be what you're looking for.... Google "Hydro Dip Yeti"
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)

Here is a place to get colored stainless steel ones. Tons of colors, 30 oz for $13. You can get the stainless steel straws. I would think you could engrave them. https://www.wish.com/c/578e3ae45cdce649c552394c

Scratch my last post. JDS will be out with new items in October at real wholesale prices. they will also have black and I would guess that more colors won't be far off. I'm doing some powder coated ones over the weekend.

The engraving price is dropping like a rock. I'm not going there.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Their website makes you "sign in" before you can do anything. They are wanting you to surrender your email address or obtain other personal information. I despise these tactics and will not do business with such a company.

Quote Originally Posted by Margie Novak View Post
    Here is a place to get colored stainless steel ones. Tons of colors, 30 oz for $13. You can get the stainless steel straws. I would think you could engrave them. https://www.wish.com/c/578e3ae45cdce649c552394c

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mann View Post
    Their website makes you "sign in" before you can do anything. They are wanting you to surrender your email address or obtain other personal information. I despise these tactics and will not do business with such a company.
    I 100% agree
    Jeff Body
    Go-C Graphics

China 50W Laser
    Model # SH-350
    Controller RDC6442
    Vinyl Plotter Graphtec CE600-60
    Software used
    Inkscape, FlexiStarter, VinylMaster 4, RDWorksV8

Seriously....welcome to 2010. Sites like this have been asking for this info for years... Pay more or give an email address. This response is a tad dramatic, use a fake email address if it is of concern. There are even sites now that do one and burn email addresses if you are so inclined.
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)

Sublimation requires 400-degree temperatures. These are vacuum tumblers and I would be concerned that the 400 degrees would degrade the vacuum. They do advise not putting them in a dishwasher and my guess is that the heat of the dishwasher might break the vacuum.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I have most likely been at this internet commerce business longer than you have. I have an encrypted and password protected list of over a hundred website passwords and I don't intend to keep any more. Using a single easy to remember password for all of them is just begging to have your security compromised and is out of the question. It is too much trouble to go through a long list of arbitrary passwords every time I want to log on to a website. For companies like Amazon or Peach Tree Woodworking, which I have done business with for many years, I trust them to not sell my email address. I have those passwords memorized. I am already aware of how long websites have been trying to obtain confidential information from me and that knowledge is irrelevant. If companies want to continue this loathsome practice, then they can suffer the consequences. I am not the only person who refuses to do business with these companies. There are always alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Winter View Post
    Seriously....welcome to 2010. Sites like this have been asking for this info for years... Pay more or give an email address. This response is a tad dramatic, use a fake email address if it is of concern. There are even sites now that do one and burn email addresses if you are so inclined.

I have most likely been at this internet commerce business longer than you have. I have an encrypted and password protected list of over a hundred website passwords and I don't intend to keep any more. Using a single easy to remember password for all of them is just begging to have your security compromised and is out of the question. It is too much trouble to go through a long list of arbitrary passwords every time I want to log on to a website. For companies like Amazon or Peach Tree Woodworking, which I have done business with for many years, I trust them to not sell my email address. I have those passwords memorized. I am already aware of how long websites have been trying to obtain confidential information from me and that knowledge is irrelevant. If companies want to continue this loathsome practice, then they can suffer the consequences. I am not the only person who refuses to do business with these companies. There are always alternatives.
    Have you looked at a good password manager with/without two-step verification?