Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magswitch featherboards

Magswitch featherboards

I am considering a Magswitch featherboard. The doublesided one can be used for my bandsaw and tablesaw. The "pro" tablesaw magswitch is one-sided (so I can't use it on the bandsaw) but has higher holding power than the double-sided one.

Does anyone have experience with these products?

I have had a double sided one for years and love it. It always worked exceptionally well. I have never used it on my bandsaw.

Magswitch isn't very clear about the setup of their featherboards. I use the pro featherboard on my bandsaw. On top of the pro featherboard I use one of their "vertical" featherboards in a horizontal position attached using their black spacer blocks to make a double featherboard about 3 inches high.

The double sided featherboard is great on the tablesaw and on the router table (if your router table is magnetic). these were marketed in orange at the borg as a Ridgid product at one time - I got them for 5 bucks at clearout.

I have almost their entire woodworking marketed product lineup. Start with the double sided one and if you watch eBay there was a Rigid brand version of it that sometimes pops up for as low as $20 and is almost always less than the retail price of theirs.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Huge fan of Magswitch functionality with one slight reservation. Reversing the direction of the fingers when moving from TS to RS is kind of a hassle. Involves removing the 2 long socket screws which requires finding where I've hidden the requisite hex wrench.

Quote Originally Posted by Prashun Patel View Post
    Does anyone have experience with these products?
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-Ma...1001/100618240

Been using one of these for years. Love it. The RIDGID one is made by Magswitch and costs much less. Relatively inexpensive way to get acquainted.

I think they're only available online. That is, the stores don't stock them (in my area anyway).

I have the single sided Magswitch and have no idea why they would not work on your band saw; they work on mine.

To be honest, Rich, I have a miterslot featherboard that has worked ok. It's starting to slip now and I really have to ratchet the knobs down to get it to stay put. I use mine on the b-saw and t-saw, but I have to flip the knobs. I find that irritating.

I have a minterslot doublesided one but it isn't long enough for narrower pieces on either machine. If the 'light weight' doublesided magswitch is forceful enough to hold rips and resaws snug, then I will very much appreciate it. Also, without those confounded miter slot bars hanging off all awkward, this thing should be easier to store.

I bit the bullet and bought 2 of the single sided ones about 18 months ago. I LOVE them.

I made my own featherboards and clamped then onto my table saw. Once I got one that that fit in the miterslot, life was wonderful. Whichever method you use, don't mess around with clamps.

I purchased the featherpro inserts and used the magswitch 150 lb versions ... I am very happy with the results ...

FetherPro pic 2 small.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have the Ridgid branded one and love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hoffmann View Post
    I purchased the featherpro inserts and used the magswitch 150 lb versions ... I am very happy with the results ...

FetherPro pic 2 small.jpg

Did you make the mounting board for the feather pro insert?
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

I got the double sided one and find it to have plenty of power. Use it on TS, BS and router table.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have the double sided one and really like it. I think it's much easier than fitting a featherboard to a miter slot. Click it's on and click it's off.