Thread: Restored 1954 DeWalt MBC

Restored 1954 DeWalt MBC

I have always loved old DeWalt RAS. I used to work for DeWalt for several years and since then I have always wanted a smaller one for my shop. I have been looking for a nice MBC or MBF for some time now on the local classified listings but everything is in bad shape or folks are asking a crazy amount of money for them. On that same note I have long admired Shane Whitlock's restorations and have long been drooling over his RAS restoration found here: http://shanewhitlock.com/photo/v/misc/dewaltras/.
    Fast forward to last night, I found an add locally that was labeled "Restored DeWalt Miter Saw". It had two grainy dark photos but from what I could tell it looked nice and looked to have the same Shane Whitlock paint job. I sent the guy a text and low and behold he is selling the actually Shane Whitlock's RAS. And yes before you ask the serial number matches up. I met the guy this morning and he was asking $150 and that include a brand new Irwin dado set. I have never pulled a buck fifty out of my wallet so fast. I guess he bought a bunch of other equipment from Shane years ago and he bought enough that he negotiated the RAS be thrown in for free so he really didn't know what to ask for it. The good and the bad is the saw has been used a lot over the last few years. It's not in perfect shape like it used to be but that is ok with me I am just glad I have it in my shop now. I tried explaining this story to my wife like it was the a tale of a legend but she didn't understand so I thought I would share it here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beautiful restore! A lot of love, sweat, & tears went into that.
    I'd be afraid to get it dirty!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I like seeing some of the old radial arm saws restored since so many of us don't have them any longer. Nice job.