Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bodor Laser owners, do you feel you would expect this from Bodor company?

I think you'll have a real hard time trying to get Bodor to make it right. For one thing a real 40 watt tube is 1010 mm and yours is 700 mm. A 40 watt tube will not fit in your case with out some modifications. You might be in luck if your case has an extension cover on it. But if it doesn't it will need to be cut and an extension case made. I hope it does , will make it a lot easier for them to give you a bigger tube. Good luck.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

The DSP is actually a Ruida modelnumber "RDC6442s(ec)" If I have read correct information,
    ruida is slightly better then Leetro right?

On their webpage I couldnīt find this exact model, the closest was "RDC6442G".
    The one I got is probably a variant of this.

Yes, I measured the inside of my machine, it could hold a Chengdu 850 mm, which
    is rated by Chengdu as 40 watt.

I definitively should be getting a proper 40 watt at the price I paid.

We will see if they give me a reply by monday.

Not much in it to be honest if they are wired PWN not analog. I like the AWC personally (708C plus) but the leetro is really all I need most of the time to do cutting work
    You did what !

A true 40 watt tube is 1010mm in length or about 12 inches longer then your 700 mm tube 850 mm is still not a 40 watt tube sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Edstrom View Post
    The DSP is actually a Ruida modelnumber "RDC6442s(ec)" If I have read correct information,
    ruida is slightly better then Leetro right?

On their webpage I couldnīt find this exact model, the closest was "RDC6442G".
    The one I got is probably a variant of this.

Yes, I measured the inside of my machine, it could hold a Chengdu 850 mm, which
    is rated by Chengdu as 40 watt.

I definitively should be getting a proper 40 watt at the price I paid.

We will see if they give me a reply by monday.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

[QUOTE=Bert Kemp;2600891]A true 40 watt tube is 1010mm in length or about 12 inches longer then your 700 mm tube 850 mm is still not a 40 watt tube sorry.[/QUOTE

Light objects sells a 850 MM laser tube that they claim is a full 40 watt.

It might peak at 40 watts but will not run continuous at 40 watts. I would think that we have seen enough false claims to not take the MFG's word as Gospel. Companies have been claiming 700mm, 850mm tubes as 40 watt tube forever yet when anyone measures the actual output it comes in at 23 to 35 watts. These tubes test at 40 t0 45 watts at initial start up but run at much less power.

[QUOTE=Jerome Stanek;2600946]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    A true 40 watt tube is 1010mm in length or about 12 inches longer then your 700 mm tube 850 mm is still not a 40 watt tube sorry.[/QUOTE

Light objects sells a 850 MM laser tube that they claim is a full 40 watt.
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 09-05-2016 at 5:38 PM.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Well, you were right Bert. I showed the table with tube power from Tongliīs website (23-30w), my salesperson showed me another table which she claimed was sent to her from Tongli that proved the 700mm to be a 40 watt..

Guess I got fooled a bit, but I knew this might happen when direct ordering from China. I read somewhere that Bodor was less tricky than the other companies, I also read somewhere that there exists no such thing as a
    less tricky chineese company. Now I know who was right :P.

In the end, although Bodor might have better build quality (I cannot judge that), they are just another chinese laser company. Sometimes you get unlucky. At least it
    did not show up all banged up from freight. Thank God I read the advice here to get a local, trusted, insured shipping agent.

Thanks for all your input, I love this forum. Hopefully one day I will have enough experience to chime in.
    Bodor BCL0605MU 35 watt TR rdworks.

One way to find out for sure, rent a laser power tester....
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

my salesperson showed me another table which she claimed was sent to her from Tongli that proved the 700mm to be a 40 watt..
    always makes me smile

TongLi claim peak power like many of the cheaper tube sellers / manufacturers. It will pump 40 watts out, for about 1/10,000 of a second, then settle back to the nominal run power. Thing is for the 10,000 of a second it IS giving 40 watts.
    You cannot use that 40 watts but it is true. Sellers jump on that bandwagon and off they go. A bit like claims of cutting 30mm acrylic with a 40 watt laser, it WILL do it.....eventually, but quality will be terrible and run times will be in days.

ps: In case anybody wonders about the internet information that says tubes run 80 watts per Meter length those figures are for flowing gas systems when gas re-combination isn't a problem.
    Last edited by Dave Sheldrake; 09-06-2016 at 4:26 PM.
    You did what !

It fascinates me that in this day and age of instant information, that many marketers would still rather turn a blind eye to the benefits of 'truth in advertising'.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

It usually works though Kev, especially with laser buyers. Some of the claims we all see brother would make my toes curl a few years ago but these days it's just normal
    You did what !

Well Dave I for one am glad I listened to you over 2 years ago when you advised me to go with Rabbit after my nightmare with FSL. I have a real 60 watt tube, a solid built machine and I can just call Ray or Carol anytime I have a problem. I had to call twice in 2 years and both times I got quick answers. Both times it was software issues. I've had no downtime do to mechanical problems knock on my head
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Well Dave I for one am glad I listened to you over 2 years ago when you advised me to go with Rabbit after my nightmare with FSL. I have a real 60 watt tube, a solid built machine and I can just call Ray or Carol anytime I have a problem. I had to call twice in 2 years and both times I got quick answers. Both times it was software issues. I've had no downtime do to mechanical problems knock on my head
    No worries Bert I have an HX here that is 8 years old and been treated like dirt and it still cuts fine
    You did what !

:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

Quote Originally Posted by dave sheldrake View Post
    no worries bert i have an hx here that is 8 years old and been treated like dirt and it still cuts fine
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander