Thread: Folding Outfeed Table for Sawstop PCS

Folding Outfeed Table for Sawstop PCS

I finished the folding outfield table for my new Sawstop PCS last weekend. It works great and also will serve as an assembly table. The surface is melamine board, and it is trimmed with oak I had lots of scrap pieces of. The braces for the fixed section of the table and the legs are also of scrap oak. Melamine board is a PIA to work with--it is easy to chip along the edges and scratch on the top, but will be easy to scrape glue drippings off the surface. I based the mounting bracket on the one Sawstop uses for the outfeed table they sell and fabricated it from a 1" square tube and a 3/4" angle and then used hex bolts to attach it to the table rail and for height adjusters.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice looking table. The black melamine is a nice touch for the SS. I made my folding table out of white melamine that matches the off-white of my Unisaw. Melamine cuts cleanly if you use a blade like Freud's LU 80. I've also read that laying masking tape on the cut line helps reduce chipping.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Very nice setup, Keith. I particularly like your folding leg setup as compared to the "less pretty" setup I used for the folding outfeed table I made many years ago when I was using a cabinet saw. Great job!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

4. Nice! What is the permanent brace on the section nearest the saw attached to?

Nice! I really need to make one of these for my PCS too!
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Very nice Keith, I also chose black melamine for my outfeed table of my Sawstop.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Glendenning View Post
    Nice! What is the permanent brace on the section nearest the saw attached to?
    Attached to the saw cabinet with 5/16" machine screws and nylock nuts. The end attached to the fixed table is attached with wood screws.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Glendenning View Post
    Nice! What is the permanent brace on the section nearest the saw attached to?
    Kieth answered for how he did it, but for any cabinet saw with a "Biessiie" style fence, the rear rail can be used to support and attache the fixed portion of this type of outfeed table design. That rail isn't used for the fence...it merely supports the right side table to keep it level with the cast iron portion of the saw.
    --

Very nice design and workmanship on the outfeed table, but where is the sawdust and tools covering the top of the saw like in my workshop? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Kieth answered for how he did it, but for any cabinet saw with a "Biessiie" style fence, the rear rail can be used to support and attache the fixed portion of this type of outfeed table design. That rail isn't used for the fence...it merely supports the right side table to keep it level with the cast iron portion of the saw.
    I used both the rear rail to attach to, and the cabinet braces in my design.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    I used both the rear rail to attach to, and the cabinet braces in my design.
    Yes, the braces are necessary. OP used them, too.
    --