Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Those proud of their workshops, please post pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Jenness View Post
    Jim, I like those curved truss chords. Was that a special order?
    LOL...that's what a very wide angle lens does to a photo. They are normal, flat bottomed trusses.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Burnside View Post
    Jim, looks great with good workflow it would seem. Is the large table supported by what look like Kreg Sawhorses for breaking down sheet goods?
    That's the support table for my TrueTrac slab flattening system but also gets used with the tracksaw for, um...tracksawing ...and for clamping/assembling when convenient. Right now, I have the support for spraying finish on a guitar body fastened to it. It breaks down into three pieces if I need it out of the way, not including the Kreg Sawhorses. (I may get less expensive horses to park under the support table so I can use the blue ones more constructively in my shop and home)

IMG_5582.jpg
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by mark mcfarlane View Post
    My virtual shop. We were supposed to break ground last month. I have a few more permitting problems to resolve. Hopefully we will be breaking ground around Oct 1st,... The steel and plastic for the slab are already onsite.

Attachment 343706Attachment 343707
    Mark
    How is that grass growing around the TS?

Whoops very old post
    Last edited by George Yetka; 09-15-2023 at 2:16 PM. Reason: OLd post

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Jim the security cam made it look like you had purple heart for sacrificial boards. Im glad to see that wasnt the case

Quote Originally Posted by George Yetka View Post
    Jim the security cam made it look like you had purple heart for sacrificial boards. Im glad to see that wasnt the case
    That's purple duct tape on MDF sacrificial.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Just finished a turntable cabinet for my son and cleaned the shop, so I decided it was a good time to post
    Overall very happy with the workflow. It has been evolving for the last 3 years but I think I've nailed down what works best for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Burnside View Post
    Just finished a turntable cabinet for my son and cleaned the shop, so I decided it was a good time to post
    Overall very happy with the workflow. It has been evolving for the last 3 years but I think I've nailed down what works best for me.
    Love the organization, looks great with some color pop as well.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 09-17-2023 at 8:49 AM. Reason: fixed quote tagging

Nice shop, mine has never been that clean and won't be until all tools and equipment is gone. Very good job taking care of your shop. How do the two different dust collectors compare?
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Selzer View Post
    Nice shop, mine has never been that clean and won't be until all tools and equipment is gone. Very good job taking care of your shop. How do the two different dust collectors compare?
    Ron
    The two don’t really compare. The Oneida is super powerful on 4” tools and equally so with the 2.5” hose I use to sweep the floors and tools. It was more expensive though so I guess you get what you pay for here. That said, the Rockler is a great DC that does the job for the CNC and drill press. With a CNC that can spend a couple of hours on a carve I prefer to have the wear and tear on the Rockler.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Stiefel View Post
    Love the organization, looks great with some color pop as well.
    Thanks! Yea I’m a drawer/bin guy for most things. Always have been.

I figured I would post some pics of the shop, just got fully under power 3 weeks ago and waiting for glue to dry at the moment. It has been a 4 year process and fully under power but waiting for a 400 amp meter head that dumps 200 to house and 200 to shop/garage. Apparently the one my utililty company desires has been on back order over 2 years.

This has been life long dream moving from a smaller garage shop previously and then sold all the big tools while traveling with the service and job training. Trying to make a few kid kitchen stools at the moment. My wife and I had our second last Mar, a son who will hopefully make the sawdust some day. He will grow old with us, he has Down's and had a rough start to life. A few families watched our daughter while my wife didn't leave the hospital for 6 weeks straight, absolutely amazing. So I am making each of their families one, they each have 4 kids with the youngest being 3 weeks old. I will keep one for the house here, the one with the most errors of course. I was hoping to have them done by christmas but time ran short. Next project will be a roubo bench that I have always desired. Couldn't be more pleased with how everything came out in the shop. Sorry for the rotated pics, I have given up trying to figure out how to rotate them on the site.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last few pics

Kyle, that is a beautiful shop space. I love a timber frame building. Any pictures of the outside you could share? Awesome tool setup too! Congratulations!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
    Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the decision." Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Barber View Post
    Kyle, that is a beautiful shop space. I love a timber frame building. Any pictures of the outside you could share? Awesome tool setup too! Congratulations!
    Thanks. The retaining wall was done by the prior guy here as he had plans for a garage/mother in law suite that would attach to the house. For simplicity I chose to have the garage/shop detached.
    • File Type: jpg b.jpg (198.6 KB, 40 views)
    • File Type: jpg a.jpg (183.1 KB, 40 views)

Simply beautiful! Enjoy...
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
    Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the decision." Ben Franklin

Very nice! I wish I had your sqft.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney