Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Those proud of their workshops, please post pics!

very nice, enjoy it

Looks really good Kyle!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

So I’m just getting started on setting up my workshop. Attached is a picture so far. Electricians just installed all the rough in wiring and a 200 amp service. It’s 2400sf (30x40) with 11’ walls. It will be my retirement job when I officially retire in two years. The garage door is 10’ and has been also been installed before this pic was taken. My father-in-law who recently passed away this year was a carpenter and I received most of his power tools. My plan is mill my own lumber (13 acres of trees around me) for projects and also get into CNC woodworking. I’ll post more pics as the progress continues. I’ve been reading all the posts I can find on how to setup up shop based on others posts. Thanks to all in the community! 8C7D67D9-5EBA-4A23-9CB8-3BCF870B50B1.jpg

Still a work in progress, but aren't they all?

https://youtu.be/5lg06U9FtL0
    - Jason White
    YouTube.com/UncleJasonsWorkshop

Kyle,

We need more pics of that shop. Is it a freestanding timber frame shop, or is that the basement of a TF home? You are living my future WWing dream. I would love to have a TF shop one day.

Hi everyone, here's my small shop, around 20 square meters or 215 square foot. It looks really crowded in the pics but is actually not that bad. Used to have all machines on castors and move them around if I had big projects but took a decision some years back that 2m 10cm was to be max length my shop can handle and now everything is fixed, except for the bandsaw. Best shop decision I've ever made, I spend zero time now rolling the machines around figuring out how to tackle a projects involving long pieces. Felt bad in the beginning to turn down a few projects but now I'm more than happy to not have to wrestle large things around in the shop.

Don't know if there are any specific highlights, the Wadkin Bursgreen AGS10 from 1958 was restored from quite bad shape and got a true following riving knife and a dust hood. Drill press is a swedish brand Arboga from the 60-70s with gear speeds, super heavy duty construction. Bandsaw from same time period, also that a swedish one, one piece cast iron frame and very strong and heavy for it's size. The only newer machine I have is the jointer planer, Hammer A3-31 with spiral cutter.

Dust extractor is placed outside this room and I have two ductings inside, one to the table saw and one to the jointer/planer. Rest of the machines are handled with vaccum extractor and cyclone. Assembly table double dutys as router table, Incra cleansweep rings interface routed directly down in the table, no insert plate, router is bolted from underneath.

Two metal lathes (which I mainly use for wood) at the moment, the small Emco will be sold once the VFD is installed on the Myford super 7 one.

edit. Found some better pics.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg
    Last edited by Ola Carmonius; 10-19-2022 at 11:52 AM.

Nice well thought out shop Ola. I too have a small shop that got even smaller when I parked a CNC in it a few years ago. I would love to have a sink and a comfy “thinking chair” like that!
    The AGS10 is gorgeous!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Blog Entries
    My tools are currently in our residential, detached garage. Our town ordinance has a 1/2 horsepower limit for home business, so it is a hobby space. The grid tied P.V. system keeps the shop and home over 1000 KW in the black. The solar system is a token effort towards "treading lightly". So far it has a positive impact on the confusing nature of being human.

IMG_0780.jpg
    Best Regards, Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Mcmurry View Post
    Our town ordinance has a 1/2 horsepower limit for home business,
    I'm not sure what this means. 1/2 HP per tool? Heck, I have a Shop Vac that thinks it's a couple HP!

Since the last post, I got married, got a son, and got back into woodworking.
    I'm trying to cram in as much woodworking before he starts crawling.

In the meantime, I'm planning to build my workshop like the Operating Room my kid had to go to at 2 weeks old.

Central workbench/gurney. Maybe a side cart
    Great lighting overhead.
    Open bay.
    Modular shelving on sides. Disposables hung on the walls.

They can't all be pristine and dust/shaving free!

here's mine- currently, and early on at this location (major fixer house) in 2010. Seventh since the '70's. The table saw and bench have been at every one.

.IMG_4445.jpgIMG_4446.jpgIMG_4447.jpgIMG_4448.jpgP1010093.jpegP1010092.jpeg

the latest view.

added the following since my last post..

SCM L'Invincibile si X
    SCM L'Invincibile S7
    SCM TI145EP
    Nederman S750

latest.jpg

A more recent photo of my shop, uncharacteristically with a floor cleaner than normal. LOL

IMG_5206.jpg
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jim, I like those curved truss chords. Was that a special order?

Jim, looks great with good workflow it would seem. Is the large table supported by what look like Kreg Sawhorses for breaking down sheet goods?